Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

case 930 western special ser# help part 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
southsidehacker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of the 930 I've asked for help identifying. You'll note 6-speed,no precleaner, trans brake, cast wheels, rear tank, and foot clutch only.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice looking 930 as to the pre cleaner on a 930 I am pretty sure they were optional, some what rare to see one with out it, thanks for posting cnt

Lamont
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is definitely a first for me. Pretty neat to see that and it's a darn nice old tractor!

Is the handle to the left of the seat that I can see in the picture from the rear the PTO lever?

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lamont that is the PTO lever just like on my 62 930 6sp they push foward to enguage cnt

Roger H
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks just like my 930 gas with no air intake through the hood. I saw a foot clutch 930 at the Hastings Minn. Case show in '01, I think there are a lot more hand clutch 930s than foot. This one looks like my 63 930 except mine is LP, has the round fenders & hand clutch & pressed steel front wheels instead of cast centers

GaryinKs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A Case western special or a 930 standard?

Gene Dotson
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The model year is a 1966

Gene

Lamont
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think 930 Standard. ????

R Wyler
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 66 I had was like that except it had the precleaner and rims and hubs. Oh the memories that pic of the steering collum and view down the hood brings back Smile I wished mine had the compression release.

Straw Boss
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd say a 930 Standard CK. It has non-adjustable axles front and back.
A Western Special would be an 8 speed with adjustable bar axles and a setback adjustable front axle with the same wide fenders.
I don't have a picture of a 930 Western Sp but here's a 1030. Normally it would have bigger tires on the back.

Tommy Railsback

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was always led to believe that a Standard's operator's station was accessible only from the rear like the L, LA, 500, 600, & 900.

Doc Larry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m surprised by how many things are different on this tractor compared to an early 930 I just bought. Shifter, sheet metal, throttle(s), clutch, battery location, front versus rear access, and more. I sure like your shifter better. I may never figure mine out....old dog, new trick.

c_ruyle

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: case 930 western special ser# help part 3 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it appears to be the first comfort king series which would be 1963-64. the next series had the 8-spd transmission and was available with the draft-o-matic hitch as well as the western special which had the set-back front axle ,oversize fender and also could be ordered with the draft-o-matic hitch

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters