Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Allis C oil pump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg K
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Allis C oil pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am working on my father-in-laws Allis C. I have gotten it running and realized I don"t have any oil pressure. The next thing I realized is that the oil pump is located between the engine and flywheel. When I get a chance to look into this is there any common problems to look for? The motor wasn"t knocking when it was running, however even after I removed the oil filter and spun it over with the starter (spark plugs removed) no oil was being pumped. thanks in advance.

Paul from MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis C oil pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might just need to prime the pump. You can do this by making an air over oil tank and piping it to the gage port. 5-10 psi will force oil thru the entire engine and the pump. It may pick up and pump when you restart it. I'd do that before I split it again to get at the pump.

chalmersbob(Pa)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis C oil pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to prime the pump. Remove the tube that is between the filter and the tee where the line comes up at the rear of the engine. Swivel the tube so that the oil filter end is pointed up, and reattach the other end to the tee. Now with a pump oil can squirt oil down into the tube. several squirts should do, and replace oil line. It should now have oil presure. Bob

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis C oil pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To have oil pressure you have to have the correct filter. If you have the wrong filter you will have little to no pressure. You need a filter like the WIX 57011. The A/C engine systems use a back pressure filter system so wrong filter no PSI. Plus if you have the wrong gauge on it you will get no PSI since they are lucky to have 10PSi when cold

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters