Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Oil Bath air cleaner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tristan in MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Oil Bath air cleaner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Today I cleaned out the oil bath air cleaner on my WD. I was wondering if anyone knew the oil capacity of the bowl. I do not have a manual for it yet, and I didn"t find much on the net.

den/southern illinoi

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Bath air cleaner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe there is a line on the bowl (embossed into the metal if I remember correctly) that shows you the level of the oil. This is from memory as I am at home and cannot look. Den

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Bath air cleaner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That cup should have an inner and outer cup type of thing. You fill it up till both cups are full of oil and that is it. Most have a line on them that says oil level but not all of them have that. So when you fill it you pour it in the outside and let it fill the inside or the other way around and when booth are full to that level your good to go

Tristan in MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Bath air cleaner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine does have an oil level line, and says oil level, I just couldn"t see it because of the grime. I got everything cleaned up, and made sure the oil could seep below the plate, thanks for the help.-Tristan

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Bath air cleaner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unstyled WC used a slightly different design, (formed a bit more squarish) but like all others thru the WD45s, had an oil level line embossed into the cup. Inside baffle is removable by removing the spring wire that holds it in place. Gotta clean out the crud that accumulates under the baffle.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Bath air cleaner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thought about this over and over...

I think there is a "Peg" in the center that is the oil level...as well as a line around the cup or at the metal insert of the cup..

Ron..

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters