Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Goodbye Goodlookin.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A good customer and friend just purchased a 930 this winter. Dang, I wish I could have beat him to it. You see when he gets a different tractor to put on his feederwagon it is a certain death sentence for it. These tractor do not ever leave his yard alive. As a dairy guy he's right when he says he makes his living taking care of cows and not tractors. Different help coming and going with no one really caring. I know in a couple years this tractor will be running around with all the windows broke and missing the grill screens and hood. This is what has happened to the previous 5 930's he has used. He likes them because they are simple and durable. When he brought this over to get the PTO fixed I knew it was a new addition to the fleet cause it looked to darn good. 2400 actual hrs, good rubber and not a dent on it. Runs like a clock. He's a nice guy, but I sure wish he had a ugly one to beat up. Oh well, it's guys like that which keep me busy. Rod.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know what you are saying. Someone would love to have it to restore or take care and use it as is but on the other hand he found it and bought it so like it or not it's his to do with what he pleases. I tried buying a really nice 510 MF once and I knew the guy who bought it would demolish it but he was willing to bid more so there wasn't much I could say or do.

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod, let's sneek in at dark of night.....and switch out that beauty for some old johnnies and cornbinders.......and find a good home for that 930 LOL. Yeah its sad but not much we can do when a tractor (like them 930's) are almost bullet-proof. So guys let help Rod "save the 930" hee hee. Thanks for the pic's. God Bless

JGarner
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bet he goes through pick-ups that same way. Some folks just have no sense of value. I agree he should take care of his cows, but if he adds up the cost of the tractors he "goes through" he will find that the cost is affecting his bottom line in a very negative manner.

A good craftsman always takes care of his tools.

Jim

Jason Kozlowski
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This just makes me mad that he buy's something nice to destroy! Find a piece of junk if you can't appreciate something nice. I would love to have that tractor I want a 930 or 1030 with a factory cab! Nice examples are hard to come by. Someone needs to talk this guy out of this one.

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh heck I would love to have a nice factory cab for my 930 Diesel.

It wouldnt take much to make that tractor shine

JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you look close, the tractor didn't leave the factory with the cab on it. That cab came in 68 and the tractor is older thn that. Desert sunset steering column and has the screens in front of where it says 930. Not that it makes any differnce, its still too nice go get a death sentance. We have a similar operation about five miles from me that is currently mauling a 83 2590 with 1500 hours on it.

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have seen this happen many times to all color tractors. The first farmer has taken care of it since new and the next guy could wreck a rock with a rubber mallet. The funny thing is the guys that buy these tractors seem to have money. And why would they buy a ugly tractor? They already have a shed full of them. JW... There is a low houred 1570 on a manure tanker gettin it here. BS.

casenut1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

take the windows out now and remove the grill and hood. at least you would save the good parts.he should not mind this if he is going to destroy them anyway.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neighbors have a very large dairy. Lots of south of the border help. Couldn,t find 6 month old bobcat. Next spring found it when cleaning large manure pit!!!

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Goodbye Goodlookin. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[Couldn,t find 6 month old bobcat. Next spring found it when cleaning large manure pit!!!]

Are you kidding us?

The Bobcat got dumbed in the pit!

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters