Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: 400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guys, I stopped by a Salvage Yard, 8 miles N. of Brownwood Tx today (just S. of Lake Brownwood about 3 miles, On State Hwy 279) (North Central Texas)
There was a 400 LP rowcrop, Very nice Factory wide front! Still very complete, Tires are shot. Nose tin and radiator has damage, LP tank Has a 1960 date on it. Very nice Light brackets, Seat looked OK.
Just thought some Dyed In the Wool CASE person ought to gather this old girl before it gets crushed!!! Holler at me If any body is interested I can get you the name of the Yard I just don't have it here in front of me tonight!
(512) 577-3837
Later,
John A.

nitram148
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: 400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This sounds almost exactly what I am looking for. Does it have an eagle hitch? I don't know if they made a row crop with out them, but I thought I would ask. I would take any information on it you can get me.

Also, what would the correct number for this tractor be? Is it a 413?

Thanks,
Martin

Last edited by nitram148 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Railsback

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: 400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an 800 LP rowcrop out at Oberlin I'd let go for $400.00 which is what I have in it. I live in Great Falls, MT, but my sisters and I have a farm near Oberlin which is where the tractor is located.
I can be reached at (406) 454-8758 evenings.

nitram148
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I might look into that, but I really would like a 400. It is the first tractor that my grandpa bought, and the one that my dad grew up on. Then my uncle traded it for an old pickup because it wasn't running well Sad I would love to find that tractor, but I have no idea where it went. And it also seems that the 400 lp is kind of rare. At least, I can not seem to find many.

Last edited by nitram148 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
D G Wells
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John, I was born in Brownwood and I am familiar with the area, and I know about where it might be there just before you drop off into the valley. I now live 400 miles North of there so I can't help much. But I can say that it is a low rust area compared to other parts of the country. They get about 30 to 35 inches of rain each year compared to our 15 here in the mid-panhandle area. The rain sure has been a lot less in recent years. Sounds like another Case alert, guys. Yeah,I hope someone takes it home and fixes it up. ---Derrol in Texas---

casenut1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tommy, Oberlin is in what state?

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guys, It will be Somebodies Lucky Day. Today , Not Five miles from that Scrap Yard I found a Litter mate to that Case 400 LP.>>> A Case 400 Rowcrop, gas, Tricycle front the old fellow who has it will sell it. So If you get the LP then there is a Gas tractor too. Make the trip worth while!
The LP does have a 3 point of some kind, So guys Don't get me to Lying about a Eagle hitch, since I am not sure what constitutes an Eagle Hitch. I will be near there tomorrow I will get a pic or two. I will be glad to text them to you.
Later,
John A.

Tommy Railsback

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: 400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kansas

nitram148
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: 400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, sounds like you found a nice little nest of 400s. I would love to see what they both look like. Do you know if the lp runs? I would really like to pick these up, but its a 10 hour tip down there for me. Do you happen to know any prices? you can send any pictures or info to
martin(dot)m(dot)brack@gmail.com just replace the (dot) with .
Thanks
Martin

casenut1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: 400 LP rowcrop @ salvage yard Reply to specific post Reply with quote

to far away.

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: : 400 LP /400Gas Here is the latest Info I have!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guys The 2 tractors are about 5 miles apart. The LP is at the Country Motors Salvage Yard about 8 miles N of Brownwood Tx. The Gas is approximately 5 miles SW., headed toward Bangs,Tx.
***the LP is a factory Wide front with the 4 point cast Case wheels, I see no welds the tie-rod in front is bowed some but nothing a fellow could not straighten, the rims look decent!
Rear Cast wheels Rims look decent, some rust
Case 3 pt, I assume it is a Eagle hitch. The loop where you hook up to an implement has a laid down J with a latch looking thing to keep it on the implement. LP tank is correct an light bracket too. No visible damage to engine or trans! I can not tell the engine condition is on this tractor!
The BAD,,,,Hood, Grill, Radiator are damaged, All 4 tire are shot. The LP regulator has been changed
The Wrecking yard will sell it....$.15 across the scales.
*** 400 Gas, Tricycle front, same 4 point cast Case wheels, rims decent, tires are fair, Hold air,need more to roll on a trailer. Rear Cast wheels, rims decent, Tires hold air, need more to roll on trailer. 3 pt, Eagle hitch I assume, same J hook design with a latching mechanism. The Hood and Grill are nice, they were barnyard painted at one time there is surface rust. but they will shape up very nicely! This tractor ran 3 yrs ago. and there is a can over the manifold!
The BAD,,, RH rear tire is poorest, weather cracks probably will only last to get it home. The old man took the starter to a wood-be shop 3 yrs ago, It closed and He just lost track of that fellow and evidently the shop owner lost this mans info. So the Starter was lost!
The good,,, Exhaust is still covered, LH rear tire was new 3 yrs ago.
He will sell this tractor for about $400 cash, That rear tire is worth that!!!
OK,OK,OK,,,I have pics Probably easier for me to text you them so call me tomorrow so i have your number and I will send what I have to you if you are interested. My # is 512-577-3837.
IMO this pair will make somebody a good tractor and a parts tractor or 2 nice runners! Somebody get them!!!
Later,
John A.

nitram148
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: : 400 LP /400Gas Here is the latest Info I have!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, this sounds like a good deal. But I don't think I am going to be able to do this. It is a 10 hour trip, one way for me, and I just don't have the time to make it down there for the next couple of months. I really wish these were closer to me Sad Unless someone wants to go pick them up for me lol.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters