Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

power director

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerry 4

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: power director Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what is the function of a power dirrector,is it like a torque amplifier,or to provide live pto

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: power director Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It gives you a high and low speed plus live power in the middle position.

jerry 4

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: power director Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is forward high, rear low,and in the center just for pto.

charles todd
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: power director Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IH has independent PTO "IPTO". AC has "Live" PTO in the center PD position. It has taken me some time to get use to the AC 180 for PTO work. It is habit to hit the clutch and the PTO keeps going. My 504 has IPTO and TA. It is nice to be able to clutch without having to use the PD for direction changes like on the AC. If the AC 180 was not bigger than my 504 it would be sold.

I like the TA of the IH. IPTO and you can "down shift" with the TA. You can clutch to change gears and direction without affecting the PTO.

The AC is more of a "Partial Powershift" with Live PTO in the center position. Why AC was late to the IPTO game is confusing. I'm sure it did not help them in the later years. Not to mention when they went hydraulic PTO clutch and left the dang manual sliding collar behind the battery box. That will throw you for a loop when the PTO quits! LOL.

Answer the question. Yes.

forward = high
center = neutral and PTO
back = low

CT

NEKS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: power director Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the power director in my 19 when baleing because just go to the center position and you do not have to ride the clutch when putting string on a bale. It does lack a cab though.

cole in mo.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: power director Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like my 14 for square baling, heavy windrow, low side of first, windrow gets thin, rack it to high side and keep a steady hay flow. Catch center position, to jump off and check bale weight, just remember to not hit the foot clutch.

CTucker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: power director Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is simply a 2 speed shift on the go with direct drive and under drive thru the tranny. It gives you 8 speeds forward instead of 4 and gives you a neutral position for stopping forward motion without effecting the PTO or hydraulics.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters