Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

VAC Flat head???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason1Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: VAC Flat head??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was never around Case tractors much so Im limited about them. Have a guy that wants me to by his VAC. he said it was a very early one and had a flat head in it. I was trying to find some pictures or something about it on the web because I"ve never seen one with a flat head. can anyone give me some info on them? Are they rare? hard to find parts? It does not run but turns over. He said it has a cracked coil so who knows maybe thats all it needs? He says he would sell it to me for $200. He got it for that much a few years ago and doesnt have time to mess with it. Strait sheet metal,but bad tires. What do you guys think? I know he could get more for it if he scrapped it so I know the price aint bad,just wondered about finding parts.

Nedd
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: VAC Flat head??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its a VC with a continental motor. Only made from 1939-41 or so. Parts are different than the VAC and getting harder to come by. Definitely grab it for $200 If you don't like someone else will buy it from you for more $$$. If you were close to central Iowa I would buy it.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VAC Flat head??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sounds like a VC which was made in 1940-41 and is almost completely differen't from a VAC,it is a Continental flathead, they don't seem to get alot of collecting interest but I like them and $200 isn't hardly scrap price, if it has 32" tires they are hard to find and pricey

Jason1Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: VAC Flat head??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast reply. I'll probably go check it out and if aint too bad bring it home.

Jason1Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VAC Flat head??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I looked up some pictures online. I noticed there seems to be a couple different grills. What years did they change? how many styles did they have?

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters