Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RUMOR MILL?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there any truth that Jeep is going to be made in China?

CumminsMan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, for the Chinese/East Asia market.

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is true that Chrysler is ramping up Jeep production in China. If you want to compete in the Chinese market, you need to produce products in China.

It is not true that Jeep production for the US domestic market will move to China. That bit of fiction originated with a certain political candidate with a reputation for prevarication. Chrysler is in fact increasing US production.
Sergio says Jeep production will remain in the US

Ken Combs
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seems that China has done very well producing products in China for export to North America.

Why can't Fiat / Jeep / Chrysler do the same?

Never mind, I know the answer, corporate profits and worker be d****d.

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What Chinese automobile is imported into the US?

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stay tuned.

Anyone who believes that Chinese made automobiles, etc., will not be iimported into the US absent major changes to the IRC simply does not understand the international economy, or worse.

Dean

Lanse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats just another of Mitt's lies.

I live in Ohio, near Dayton which has been hit exceptionally hard by the national recession, and its own local recession which has been happening in some form or the other for years.

I moved here in 2004, since then Delphi (a huge parts supplier to GM) ended its operations here and tens of thousands of locals lost their jobs directly related to the closure or indirectly, because the entire economy suffered when everyone that had a job that in one way or another, supported Delphi lost it.

Shortly thereafter, the national recession hit, which made everything worse and a number of the other larger employers in this area left. Some went to other states, some closed their doors permanently.

Here recently, NCR (National Cash Register) which was the remaining large commercial employer closed up, which put thousands more out of work. Dowtown Dayton looks like Downtown Detroit, there are closed up buildings and factories and warehouses and run-down neighborhoods all over the place. Cleveland is the same way.

These people suffer, there is not much money here.

And NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING will put fear into their hearts like the threat of another large employer leaving. Ohio was hit hard by the recession, and in that part of the state, a large number of jobs are directly tied to the automotive market.

I understand what Mitt was trying to do, Ohio, as we all know is a swing state and that man will do anything he can to win it over. If a person convinces people in this state that voting a certain way will magically end Ohio's economic problems, you can bet the election they will do it.

LenND
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I read an article a while back about a Chinese car being shipped to the US in pieces and being assembled in Calif. by a couple men. I think it is supposed to be an electric one. Chinese cars are not allowed here because they won't update all the things our cars have. Japan had the same problems years ago but they brought theirs up to our codes and sell them here. The only problem we (US) had was we could not sell a new car in Japan, used yes. I don't know if or when that was changed.

MF Poor

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Deny Deny Deny

Then move to China
Not nearly as far fetched as you might imagine

BIG RUH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know Chrysler closed and moved their St. Louis truck plant to Mexico after they got their bail-out money

HillsofTn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lanse, do you REALLY believe the Other Guy hasn"t lied to you??????? I admire your enthusiasm, but you have got a lot to learn about blind faith in ANY politician and especially ANY political party.

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't heard that Chrylser plant to import Chinese made vehicles to the US. What are the details to the rumor? Is Chrysler is expanding its sales by adding a plant in China to supply vehiles for the Chinese market just like GM builds Buicks in China for the Chinese market? Chinsa is becoming more protectionist and requires foreign companies to produce in China to sell in China. The US should do the same.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After reading the article, it sounds to me like there is some truth in the RUMOR MILL! Jeeps will be made or are already being made in China.

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For the Chinese market. As I said earlier, if you're going to sell your products in China, you need to build them in China.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: RUMOR MILL? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mark,
I think the article said Fiat was moving to China to make Jeeps for the asian market, including China. SOOO some jeeps that may have been made in the US will now be made in China and shipped to other asian markets.

Will thin not hurt the United Auto Workers?
George

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters