Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

more on Demostrators

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

OK guy's this is one subject on Case I do remember well as I always LOVED the Black Knight paint I sure wish I could find the 1070 we had, it went to the Billings MT area as others have said Demo's were on lots for some time after they did the Demo's, here every one wanted a regular painted one and a new one not one every one had ran, and we ended transfering it as we were making intrest payments and things were on a tight rope as far as money then to say the least, we did not get a GD unit in as when they came out we had 4 or 5 "70" series already in and they were moving just fine, we would do a demo and out the door they went, myself I was never wild about the color scheme on the GD trators it just never really fit to me but when the BK's were released I thought they were the sharpest thing out at the time, the "Golden Demo" on the build cards makes sence to me after I have read some of my lit and such as the program from start to finish was "The Golden Opportunity Demostrator Tractor" so reguardless of the paint scheme the card read the same, hope this makes things a bit clearer, I remember unloading ours doing a "run in" on the Dyno and taking her to the field with 6-16" semi-mount plow, a 32' "FC" field cultivator (I still have it) and a 22' tandeum disc and a 12' offset disc on many demos, I think ours had around 350hrs when it was transfered, by the way it was a 1070 with cab a/c htr radio Agri-King cloth seat 3pt 540/1000 pto 6 rear wh weights and 10 front with the wrap weights on the front, 10.00x16 front and 20.8x38 rears cnt

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bro,
we transfered in 3, or 4 BKs One in perticular that I remember was the one that CW Waltz Inc. in Cougan Station PA.,where Mel has spent his years. It was a real strong running 1170 with cab and 20.8x38s. Perhaps Mel had tweeked it a bit, HeHe. It was sold to the neighboring farm across Rt 20 from the dealership, along with an 1160 corn special combine with 4 row head. (they didn't raise any small grain). I can't remember where we transfered the 1160 from,. It also came out of PA. (I think a dealer in State Collage, PA)
Loren

rusty6
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That yellow cab/black hood paint scheme is one I have never seen here. The tractors were black from one end to the other. Maybe the local dealer just didn't get any of the yellow cab/black hood on the lot here in Sask.

case1570
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are spot on Nutty except the build cards on the Golden Demo's were stamped "Golden Opportunity" not "Golden Demonstrator" as the all black units were. It was just a large stamp not in the line item like the the BK's had. This just makes the point very clear that we really need that JI Case time machine.
Brian1570

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi,
I believe it came from our dealership. The Dealership was 13 miles east of State College. We sold 3 BKs,I still know where one of them is. It is very low hours and garage keep if it ever comes up for sale I will have it. HOPEFULLY

Marlin1

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ralph,
It has been told that there was a comunications problem between Case and Hiniker who made the original Case cabs, and the cabs were never painted black, for the 1970 GDs, like Case had requested. I have nothing to varify this, other than hearsay. I personally liked the GD paint better than the BKs.
Loren

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Small world ! What was the name of your dealership. I'm sure it will "ring a bell" in my tiny brain mass, LOL.
Loren

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bro, the story we got from our service rep on cabs for the "70" series was this, they sent Case 10 cabs, five were installed and put into testing, all five were crushed and failed in roll over testing and would have been fatal if a driver had been in them, Case then decided NOT to have them build cabs with ROPS at all and then built their own cabs from then on, so as far as we were told these were Case built cabs on all production "70" series tractors, I remember it was a big deal to our dealership as we was selling Egging and Sims cabs except for 3 or 4 1030's with the factory Allen cab and my Dad was concerned about the safty of the ROPS for Ag and industrial units, the scan above seems to verify my memory cnt

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi,
Our dealership Rte.45 Sale & Service. My dad and uncle opened up in 1964 as a Case dealer. In 1990 I took over,in 1993 they wanted me to paint my building and my trucks a certain color. A couple years later they wanted me to get BIGGER as in another location. I told them it was not going to happen.In 2000 they said they did not need me as a dealer,but we kept the parts contract for a few years. Now wife & I still farm and sale and repair farm equipment. Also we have a parts store. I am better off with out a tractor line.

Marlin1

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bro,
Indeed the 70 series cab was Case designed, and speced, however, I was told that Hiniker, worked in conjunction with Case engineers.??????
My Dad and I went to Pheonix AZ. for the intro to the 70 series and Case made a very big presentation of the rollover testing that you posted pics. of.
Loren

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bro I remember the rep showing us these shots some time late in 68 (first time I laid eyes on the new tractors) and saying this was the Hiniker cab tha failed, these shots have always taken me ba ck to that day in the shop as these were the same frames the distric man had with him, I think they made them at Bettendorf but am not completely sure on that but I am pretty sure it was not a Racine built cab, Dad went to Intro "70" at Racine so he missed the Phoenix intro cnt

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am enjoying the exchange of info you guys are having and would like to add something. My dad purchased one of the very early 970's. Factory cab it had a tag on the RH post in the cab saying who manufactured the cab. I am not 100% confident my memory is correct, but I think it said Ansel, I am sure it was not Hinniker which is a Mankato MN company I know. Who ever made the factory cab for the 9-1030's I think made the first 70's cab. I am confident in saying the very first 70 series cab were of CASE spec's ,but built by someone else. Rod.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,
We're on the same track, but the cogs in my brain have become a bit worn. LOL. As I think about this an other name comes to mind also, "Hinson". I will set back and see where this thread goes from here.
Loren

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Allen was the company that built the 9-1030 and Case combine cabs. Was under the impression Allen built the first cabs for the 70 series, but was rejected by Case, then they built their own cabs to control quality.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: more on Demostrators Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes that is the same thing I said, that I was told by our rep,,lets see how many are on our side LOL Case also made their own cabs for the 580B with a built in ROPS starting in 1971 cnt

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters