Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Square Bale Hay Twine...sisal or poly

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacksun
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Square Bale Hay Twine...sisal or poly Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Women love sisal they just leave it where it falls. I use poly my MF120 absolutely loves it can make a bale so tight you can hardly get your fingers under the string.

Shetland Sheepdog
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Square Bale Hay Twine...sisal or poly Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been using 7200 poly in my NH 570 with belt thrower for 5 years now, and have never had a problem with the belts melting the twine! I wouldn't dare guess whether you have an adjustment issue, or I'm just plain fortunate! I would hazard a guess that it might be the former!

JMHO, HTH, Dave

PS: I'm on board with those that say "good housekeeping" takes care of poly twine problems.
Interestingly, I've never had a customer tell me that they would prefer sisal, or that poly caused problems for them.

ihman73
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Square Bale Hay Twine...sisal or poly Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use sisal on a few rounds and 9600 170# poly on squares. I don't have a thrower but my 326 NH seems to like the heavier string. I have a 273 wire that I use as a backup and for straw. Personally I like wire on squares they stay together Period. But as expensive as it has gotten I just use it on straw now. I use the black netwrap on most of my round bales. The white crap is only good for rolling up on axles and spreader beaters because it is impossible to get it completely off the bales.

donjr
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Square Bale Hay Twine...sisal or poly Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use plastic 20,000 in my round baler, and just make an effort to find it all. The only color I prefer is orange, because it's easier to find. The stuff we miss finds the beater on the spreader the next spring, and it burns off fairly easy when I clean the beaters. As for square bales, I used to use sisal when I was younger. Then I went to rounds, and a few years ago was given a square baler. It had two bales of almost new sisal in it that was about 25 or 30 years old and had been in the baler when it was parked in a shed. In bringing the machine back to life, I just used the twine that was in it, and baled a few hundred bales without a miss. But, we have had some mice and rat problems, and as a result, I lost some straw to them. I went to 9000 plastic, which solved the problem. But it was hard on hands and would snap a few times on really tight bales, so now I use 7200 plastic. No more snaps. And it didn't make any difference to the baler.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters