Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Carb Venturi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Carb Venturi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking for a BRASS carb venturi for a tsx 241B. The carb on my newest project 8n was in pieces and the only thing missing was the venturi.

I checked online and the only replacements are made out of plastic now. Made in china no doubt...

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Carb Venturi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JCinKY wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:12:59 11/25/12) Looking for a BRASS carb venturi for a tsx 241B. The carb on my newest project 8n was in pieces and the only thing missing was the venturi.

I checked online and the only replacements are made out of plastic now. Made in china no doubt...

JC;
Good luck with that!!!!!!!!!!! Usually the only way you can find the BRASS venturi, is to luck out and buy a broken OEM M/S carb from someone, that is getting ready to 'Deep Six' the broken carb!!!!
You DO know that the USA has turned into a 'throw away Society'....RIGHT???

I just boxed up and am sending out my LAST Brass venturi, that I have been hording, to a LONG TIME, member here on this forum.

Getting harder and harder, to send out M/S carbs, from my carb shack, with OEM type parts in them, unless the carbs that I get in, are half-way OEM !!!
AND....the kit prices just keep going up in cost,....from the 'Land of Almost Right', with 'Slip-Shod' parts in them!!!
END of RANT!!!! Twisted Evil

Gary Mad

JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Carb Venturi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gary,

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eyes open but will go ahead and get the plastic venturi so I can get the motor tested. Might as well go ahead and put some METRIC bolts in there while I'm at it. Oh well...

Jeff

TheOldHokie
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Carb Venturi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JCinKY wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:13:03 11/26/12) Gary,

Thanks for the info. I'll keep my eyes open but will go ahead and get the plastic venturi so I can get the motor tested. Might as well go ahead and put some METRIC bolts in there while I'm at it. Oh well...

Jeff

Personally I have no problem with a plastic venturi or metric fasteners. Why do you care - they both work fine.

TOH

Last edited by TheOldHokie on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:08 am; edited 3 times in total
old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Carb Venturi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya Gary hard to keep hold of them brass ones. I think I used my last spare not long ago in a carb for a guy I met by way of this site who lives less then 20 miles from me

JCinKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Carb Venturi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree, both work fine in the proper application. I just like the idea of original, makes me feel better I guess.

Its easy these days to throw it away and buy another one, it takes hard work and ingenuity to fix what is broken and make it usable again.

R Geiger
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Carb Venturi Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JCinKY wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:32:29 11/27/12) I agree, both work fine in the proper application. I just like the idea of original, makes me feel better I guess.

Its easy these days to throw it away and buy another one, it takes hard work and ingenuity to fix what is broken and make it usable again.

The plastic ones might just last longer than the brass ones. at leeast they will not corrode>

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our fast shipping, low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters