Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Coolant leak WD45

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkronJP
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Coolant leak WD45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just replaced the radiator on my WD45 and am unable to get the big hose (the one that comes off the bottom of the radiator) to seal where it hooks up on the water pump. I"m using the same hose that"s been on it for only a couple of years and is still very flexible; I cleaned the water pump off before I put it all back together, and the connection leaked. Took it all apart again, cleaned it off again, put some Permatex #2 on it, slipped the hose back on, tightened the clamp, and it still leaks. Put a second clamp on it and it still leaks. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to stop the leak?

funky_g00
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Coolant leak WD45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you leaking from the water pump side of the hose? I would take a closer look at your water pump. I had the same problem on my WD, I thought the water pooling on top of hose was from a poor clamping but ended up being a very slow almost unnoticable leak from front seal dripping down the pulley onto the hose.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Coolant leak WD45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First off drain the cooling system. Pull the hose off and then clean the hose inside and the water pump with carb cleaner spray. Let it dry a couple minutes then coat the inside of the hose with silicone sealer and install the hose and clamp it down good and tight. Walk away for at least and hour then fill the system up. Doing it that way lets the silicone dry and do its job. Also make 100% sure your leak is not a small hole in the hose or a cracked water pump

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Coolant leak WD45 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Gasket-Making Silicone" is far superior to regular Silicone.

Ron..

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters