Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1370 Rod- I got committed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: 1370 Rod- I got committed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod, The crew came yesterday and started setting poles for my new shop. In talking it sounds like it is the same size as the one you moved into. My question is how many windows did you put into yours? I suppose the o.h. door will have a couple of windows in it and I was thinking maybe two on each side.

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod- I got committed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats good news Doug. The building I converted is 40x80 with one half being shop area. The building sits north and south with the shop and big door on the south end. I installed 2 windows per side each being 3 ft high and 4ft long. Yes on the southend, the door has the windows installed in it as it is a rigid hyd. door. The light and warmth coming in those windows on these winter days is wonderful. I am considering adding a third. True on hot summer days perhaps they will allow to much heat gain and that we can solve with the addition of inexpensive window shades. Rod.

Don Rudolph
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod- I got committed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Congratulations Doug! A nice shop is on my bucket list, if it ever rains here again I might get one. Let us know how it turns out for you. Don

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod- I got committed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Don, the bank said I could use it as much as I want! Everyone told me they aren't getting cheaper and I am not getting younger! I have the skills to do most of my own stuff and some, jd, Oliver/White and IH experience to do some work for others. Just need a warm place to do it in the winter. I was working at jd until Sept. 45-50 hours a week which was too much with trying to farm , make hay and take care of 25 stock cows. I just got a equipment maint. job that will be 10-20 hrs. a week Not sure on the sidewall height , I was going to go 16' with a 14' high door but we have enough pole height to go a little higher if I want.

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod- I got committed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go look at several shops before you get to far. You may come up with several ideas that you cannot add later. You are welcome to come look at mine. I went with 16' sidewalls and 17 1/2 ' high door. My overhead hoist will cover the entire shop and go 15' out the door. My windows are 4' square and there are 4 of them as well as several smaller ones. Do the closed cell foam insulation in the walls. I passed on the floor heat and put in central air for less $. You will only do this once so do it the way you really want it.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod- I got committed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't know you built one, the last time I was by your place it was 8 pm or so and I figured I better keep going, might swing by some time if I get to Brookings

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod- I got committed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What did you come up with for heat? Going with an outside wood furnace?

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod- I got committed! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

probably use lp for the shop, I was thinking about the wood boiler for the house, a new aqua- therm was $7000 some, weve been using a little more electric heat in the house

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters