Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

wd9 casting numbers(pics) how to figure year

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Eklund
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: wd9 casting numbers(pics) how to figure year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my dad has a 1952 wd9 and the head has a casting #of 10-29-x and 260692R1 the block has a number cast in it behind the inj pump of 124-DM and4-14-x and the transmission has a casting # of 5 something -x we figured the head was changes or rebuilt as there is what is left of a sticker on it from a shop we are trying to figure if the motor might have been replaced or rebuilt as a 350 instead of a 335 thanks here is a few pics also have a 53 swd9 # 581 J what would the J stand for the head on that tractor has a #of 2602692R7 just cast in a different spot than the 52 the 53 has Y in the casting codes and the 52 seems to have X on casting codes

sflem849
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: wd9 casting numbers(pics) how to figure year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The numbers seem to make sense to me. I would guess the head was just rebuilt. They must have made the rest of the stuff early in the year and the head just in time to get it out.

The J is Rockford clutch in the row crops. I would guess it is the same in the standards? I don't see it in Fay's "Originality Guide." You probably know W12B is Pneumatic tires, swinging drawbar, starting and lighting I haven't seen many 9s without that suffix.

willie in mn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: wd9 casting numbers(pics) how to figure year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 10-29-x is the casting date for that part. Oct 29 & I think X was 54. 1931 was A, then count up to X. U&V were both the same year,52?.
260692R1 is IH part number. Any 6 digit plus R plus another digit is an IHC part number.
J suffix in serial number is Rockford clutch.
In case I miscounted in the letter sequence, someone with a chart handy will correct me.
HTH
Willie

WOpp
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: wd9 casting numbers(pics) how to figure year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1954 is Z, 1953 Y 1952 X

willie in mn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: wd9 casting numbers(pics) how to figure year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I stand corrected. Now remember 55 restarted the series with A.
Willie

Dave Eklund
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: wd9 casting numbers(pics) how to figure year Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks you all for the info we just brought the tractor in the shop to put hydrolics on it that were off a parts wd9. want to try to plow with it at some plow days this spring

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters