Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Grill screen on M

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baelee05
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Grill screen on M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okay, still trying get all of the little details ironed out before the M goes for paint. I have new grill screen material with clips from Steiner's to put on the inside of the grill. My question is did the tractors come from the factory with the screen painted red or were they the natural silver color of the screen? If they were painted red I will install new screen material after grill is prepped for paint and paint it all in one shot. If it should be left the silver color I will have to carefully install it after painting. Thanks

Wayne in MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Grill screen on M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Red

Wilks54
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Grill screen on M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were red. If you are going to paint it, be mindful of drips and blobs on it. they can form quickly on that screen. I left mine silver, and it looks sharp that way to me.

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Grill screen on M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Red

Kevin B from Illinois
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Grill screen on M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

(RED)

kennell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Grill screen on M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Red. Put my screen in before paint with no issues. Kent

Wilks54
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Grill screen on M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's the silver, just so you can compare.

BUCK CLAYTON
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Grill screen on M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All the new farmalls I saw in the 40's and the new 1950 M I drove for neigbhor had the galvanized wire mesh just as the front and back wheel rims were galvanized. When these tractors were redone, it was just easier to paint grill red and paint wheel rims silver. Buck

BUCK CLAYTON
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Grill screen on M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All the new farmalls I saw in the 40's and the new 1950 M I drove for neigbhor had the galvanized wire mesh just as the front and back wheel rims were galvanized. When these tractors were redone, it was just easier to paint grill red and paint wheel rims silver. Buck

SadFarmall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Grill screen on M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Both my Farmall M tractors (1939 and 1947) have red paint on the mesh inside the grille. The 1939 mesh may have been replaced, but if so it was before 1944. The 1947 is original and the paint is covers all the mesh and inside of the grille. However, this may have been a paint scheme for Australia.
SadFarmall

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters