Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MM Dealers

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave in SC NE.
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone know or know where to find info on how many MM dealers there were in the U.S. and how many in each state back in the 40"s through the 70"s? We took over a MM dealership in South Central Nebraska (Edgar) A few years after the WFE merger. Any info would be interesting for all. Thanks.

tylerj

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Siouxland MM collectors have an ongoing project to identify all of the known MM dealerships. They had their current map at the Albert City Iowa show. I don't have a contact for you but the Siouxland collectors are out if South Dakota.

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in the late 1960"s-early 1970"s I worked part time for Bell Tractor at Milo,MO whom was the MM dealer..

Somewhere I have a late 1960"s inventory sheet of new tractors and combines for lots of the MM dealers across the US..

Some dealers in this area were the following..

Daneker Nevada,MO
Bell Tractor Milo,MO
General Irrigation Carthage,MO
Pearson Columbus,Kansas
Little Walnut,KS
Hiser Iola,KS
Ken Carter Harrisonville,MO
Welters Verona,MO
?? Ft Scott,KS
Emmersons Hammond,KS
??? Emporia,KS
Shucks Lawrence,KS
??? Ottawa,KS

71ford100
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have a M670 the family bought new in Clinton, MO.

maj-mm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no such list is know to exist, .. yet.

However there are some "district lists" that give a snap-shot in time.

I have been compiling a list of all know MM dealers for the past 25 years.

I have some over 1300 accounted for last count, in 30 different countries! the majority are US dealerships.

M 5 Jack
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are a few from central Illinois.
Schlossers, Le Roy, Ill.
Graffs, Minier,Ill.
?? , Bloomington, Ill. (MM, Oliver, Studebaker)
?? , Piper City,Ill.
, Bement,Ill., Mendota,Ill.
I have a Sales Brochure of the Moline Standard Tractors Hand printed note Gvi with wts. $6,350.00

Dale S
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a couple from Wisconsin here

Ed Priebe and Sons---Ripon WI
Brick Implement---Seymour Wi
Swiderski Implement---Bonduel WI

agonair
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are the ones I remember in central IL:

Dorans, IL (Mattoon) - Ozee Implement
Atwood, IL - R and J Implement
Bement, IL - Jennings Implement

J.Wondergem
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a couple from memory from the 50s.
Hansen Equipment in Trufant, Mi.
Paul Patin Equipment in Sand Lake, Mi

My M5 had a decal on it when I bought it from Anna, Il. But I don't remember the name. Hope this helps someones list.

dhamps10
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was one at Farina, IL.

Harvey 2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Big Four Tractor in Mauckport, Indiana sold MM in the early 1950s

James22

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dealer at Low Point, Illinois.

Triple L Paints
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Email me sometime James, you have to be close by me if you know Don Gay"s Implement in Low Point!

Triple L Paints
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A few others from Illinois:

-Stelters Sales and Service Havana, IL
-Chenoweth Implement Macomb, IL
-Greime Brothers Rochester, IL
-Franks Sales and Serice Normandy, IL
-Kaiser Implement Mendota, IL
-Norwegian Implement Norway, IL
-There were dealers in Mt Pulaski, Decatur, Pecatonica, Kewanee. Lots of others

Doug Cotton
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: MM Dealers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have heard there used to be one in Blackstone, Il. (Near Streator)

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters