Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Montgomery Ward tractor, gilson 33048a?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cooter23
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Montgomery Ward tractor, gilson 33048a? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Are you aware of anyone else that might have a gear drive available since you just sold the one you had recently?

Cooter23
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Montgomery Ward tractor, gilson 33048a? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, you have the manual for the tiller. I do not have the original manual for my tractor but was able to locate a parts list manual for '74 models and newer. I also have a '74-77 Gilson service-maintenance manual. This one contains a section regarding the tiller attachment but not in a lot of detail. Would it be possible to get a copy of your manual somehow? I'd be willing to pay for all copy and shipping expenses if you're interested. I keep looking at your tractor all painted up so nice. One of these days I'll get there. Thanks again for your time. Dave (Wilton, California)

SuperABen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Montgomery Ward tractor, gilson 33048a? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I don't. I snatch Gilson made tractors up when I see them, clean them cosmetically and mechanically, and pass them on to someone who can give it some use. I like the gear drives better than the hydros, for no good reason except for simplicity, I guess.

I do have a later Gilson made Montgomery Wards, I believe a 1979, with a two cylinder vertical crank Briggs. It will be for sale also as soon as I fix the wiring issues.

I have a few parts if you need those. Front axle, early 70's dash panel, PTO/gas tank mounts, and a salvage snow blade mount/front hitch.

If I hear of one for sale, I'll let you know. What are you looking for? Early 70's model, gear drive, horizontal crank?

Ben W. in VA
OldPathsEquipment.com

Cooter23
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Montgomery Ward tractor, gilson 33048a? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, it is a 1970 model (hydrostatic) 14HP. Horizontal shaft. I'm looking for the gear drive assembly for rotary tiller model (GIL-33095A). However, it does not necessarily need to this model #. I believe years '70 thru '77 used the same gear assembly. Appreciate you keeping me in mind if you run across one. Thanks for your time and response. Dave (Wilton, California)

mrariens

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Montgomery Ward tractor, gilson 33048a? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

to bad your in california, i have the complete but i only sellas pickup only
artb, upstate eastern new york

Kris Erickson
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Montgomery Ward tractor, gilson 33048a? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi,I have a gear drive complete with deck motor is frozen,Also I have A hydro no motor or deck.the tin is rusty but could be saved seats trashed have two starter generators that are good wouldn't mind getting rid of both.I am in northern Va.15 miles west of dulles airport zip 20105. good luck

neontetra
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Montgomery Ward tractor, gilson 33048a? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just purchased a rotory tiller: gil 33163a
Can any of you guys send a close up of the lift assembly? Mine is missing those parts. A friend gave me his father in law's mntogmery ward tractor. The deck was rotten, so I found a gilson deck and snowblower that came with another gilson tractor. My collection/illness is growing.

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters