Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

mm tractor ( pic)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackhandle
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have found an old tractor but dont know where to find the serial #..Anyone have knowledge of this tractor please reply..

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1963 or 64 Jetstar 3. Serial number located by clutch pedal on transmission housing. Should start with 283.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not by clutch but brake pedal.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just noticed tractor has no Ampli-torq. Hmmm.

jackhandle
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what hp would this be a gas

Curt Cooke
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jet Star should be about 43 HP

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was it late 1964 when they started putting the white bands around the radiators like the M602s?

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought all had white bands. Just the earlier ones had lower bands and clam fenders. Any one i have had the grill is missing or has been repalced.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a guy near me that has an early model without the low band on it, and I have seen a couple of pictures in lit and on the internet since I was paying attention to that part. There must not have been many of them that way as I thought they all had them too.

t.r.k.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its a Jetstar 3. I think its later than '63 or '64, there is no evidence of a low band across the grille. My guess is '68 or later as it does not seem to have a brown belly.

The tag should be below the platform on the right side of the transmission case behind the brake pedals.

If you don't see that tag, there should be an engine tag either by the starter or on the other side of the crankcase, give us those numbers and there are a few people on here who can tell the year the engine built from its serial number. The engine serial number and tractor serial number will be different.

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good point about the paint..(I wasnt paying attention to that lol) I was wondering if parts of it were changed here and there as the top of the grille has the hole for the aluminum emblem like the 602s had and it looks like there is some unfaded paint in that spot.

jackhandle
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks for the input i have been around tractors for over 60 yrs never seen a mm up close they are none around I offerd 750 for it he wants 1000

shinnery
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IMO Those rear rice tires are worth about what you offered for the tractor.
Bryce

jacklehandle

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

will go back look for the #s gas tank has rust he stated it would start and run if we used a can to pipe cas to carb,, thanks for the imfo about the ser. n

jackhandle
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: mm tractor ( pic) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GOT THR OLD MM HAD TO PAY 800 FOR IT, BUT I WILL GET OVER IT

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters