Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Aw Shucks, Looks like 830 needs a motor job !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Aw Shucks, Looks like 830 needs a motor job ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sad but ture, the 830 I just bought was pressurizing the rad. So we pulled the heads and found that sometime a head bolt had been over tightened and cracked the block. Then it was patched up, and put back together. So I guess we are going to send the block out and see if it can be re-decked, and planed down. If not new block time.Any other ideas? Bruce

denverslim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Aw Shucks, Looks like 830 needs a motor job ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Awww, Man! Hope you can get her back up and going. Are there parts available for these old engines. Can you find an old (good) block?

I feel your pain. So far the engine sounds good on mine. That's about all, tho. Lol...slim

bradley martin
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Aw Shucks, Looks like 830 needs a motor job ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just a thought, Bruce, but you might want to cut your losses!! That was a pretty tough looking 830 to begin with that is going to take a lot of TLC and $$$ to bring back to life. There are still lots of decent 830s kickin' around so why not use that one for a donor and part it out?? Repairing a block will not be cheap and that is just the beginning.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Aw Shucks, Looks like 830 needs a motor job ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bradley martin wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:07:58 02/16/13) Just a thought, Bruce, but you might want to cut your losses!! That was a pretty tough looking 830 to begin with that is going to take a lot of TLC and $$$ to bring back to life. There are still lots of decent 830s kickin' around so why not use that one for a donor and part it out?? Repairing a block will not be cheap and that is just the beginning.

Had the same problem with my 400 diesel, block cracked and one stud pulled right our. $800 for the front half of another 400 complete with power steering and a wide front axle. Yes, I probably had about $5000 in the restoration but with new 15.5-38 23° tires and new 7.50-16 4 ribs up front it's a hell of a planter and hay maker!

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Aw Shucks, Looks like 830 needs a motor job ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have to say I would rebuild that one and use another for donar as it is the std model with 3pt which are hard to find, a replacement block should not be that hard to find if his block repair get to pricey just my thoughts

Bruce from Can.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Aw Shucks, Looks like 830 needs a motor job ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bradley ,that is a valid option but, If I rebuild this one, then I know what has gone in, and what to expect in the future.One other thing, It looks a lot wrose now, all torn down. Bruce

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Aw Shucks, Looks like 830 needs a motor job ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just my 2 cents i would try and find a good used block.

Like a dumb bunny i let a good used 830 Diesel block get away from me with a good injection pump about a year ago. The guy that owned it sold it for scrap.

I took the wide front and 3PT arms and few other pieces for parts but never thought about the rest of the tractor since I dont own an 830.

Stupidity some times is a hard teacher. Next time I fined an old tractor like that I'm brining the thing home. I'm sure some one can use the parts

:   
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
We sell tractor parts!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters