Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My nephew sent these pictures of a pulling tractor that was down at Louisville last week, I thought I would pass them along,,I don"t know anything about it, but maybe some one on here does...

Whichester1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks really nice, bet he has a lot of time and $ in it.

jd50A
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bet thats not a 2-cyl anymore!!!

Mark-Ia
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It belongs to Lance Little. Pulls 10,000lbs Pro Stock. search for him on Google or You Tube.

Whichester1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was either a R or 80 (can't remember which) recently in one of the magazines with an Allison aviation V-12 engine.

Aaron in IL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I saw that tractor at Salem, Illinois last summer.

gtx1967jewison
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its an R. Watch it alot. Bone stock R tranny/rearend takes 1800 hp Smile Don Dufner from up here in the ND tundra. He still farms with 2 cylinders & has hundreds of them.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just watched the video of the Louisville pull,,I guarantee that is "not" an R under the hood....

cumminspuller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe that is Lance Little's tractor. I saw it in Terre Haute, IN in August of last year. Runs pretty good. The only 2 cyl. parts on that tractor is the sheet metal.

Chris

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And he has a "FINE" looking paint job on it too...

gtx1967jewison
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dont believe the allison- powered R has ever left Minnesota /ND. It has an 1800hp allison v-12 fighter engine in it. As in 1930's-40's. But the entire trans/rearend are bone stock jd R. Even the first reduction gears. The engine sits sideways & powers the gear through a homemade gearbox ran off the automotive style clutch on the engine. Im sure that 830 has some other engine as well. Maybe an inline 6 as long as that hood looks.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember seeing an 830 with a V8 Cat in it , very nicely done..I think it was in the Green Magazine a couple years ago.

gpuller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its a slick looking tractor that's for sure! I see he added a flywheel cover, the earlier pics I saw it didn't have one.
I think he won in Lousiville.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: 830 sheet metal on a pulling tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I watched a few of his pulls on You Tube,,he looks to be a major contender

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters