Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

rant, its not a cummins engine !

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just tired of tring to convence people and dealers, thats its a CDC or CDC-CASE engine in case equipment. we case people know the real story, but nobody else does. i love to ask a jd guy with an older dodge ram if he knows that his engine is half CASE, pisses them off and they think i'm crazy (which i am) just wanted to let off some CASE steam! and by the way my name is jay gyger from lebanon, indiana use to be on this site few years a go.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Agree completely with you on that, they took the best of the two engine designs and the CDC was the result, the first few Dodge pick up I seen with them had Case on the ID tag also cnt

dflippin08
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the real story?

dflippin08
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the real story?

dflippin08
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Aren't they all Rudolph Diesel's?

Harvey 2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You were at my place in south Indiana several years ago, I sold you a Case tractor and a garden tractor.
I hear you are selling some tractors. My email is open. Would you send a list of what you are selling and the price ? I might be interested in some.
I'm down here near Corydon.
This is for (jic)

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah lots of blank looks when I bring that up. JD guy teasing me for dragging wagons in to the elevator with a Case, He is driving a Dodge with a CDC... Like a stupid kid poking his grandfather with a sharp stick.

Same thing goes for the Ford guys not knowing the binder heritage of their diesel engines.

Last edited by RGMartin on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom Really? I would like to see a pic of the engine tag.

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very few people knew that CDC or Consolidated Diesel Company was a 50-50 joint veture between Case and Cummins. With out a doubt Cummins gets all the recongnition for developing those engines. Does anyone know if that agreement is still in force after Fiat became the parent company?

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fiat sold their share back to Cummins.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a post merger brosure about CDC engines. You can totally cross IH out of the senario. Read the top paragraph about the merger of Case and Cummins. I was fortunate to the go to the plant and introduction back in 82, and the intro to the 96 series. Our Case TM had to meet a quota for orders for 18-2096's We filled in his gap, and got the trip to the plant. We wrote orders for more than a dozen tractors, but as our TM said we would be lucky to see a third of them be delivered to our dealership, and he was wright.
Loren

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

guy I worked with bought the first one in town when they came out had it on the tag I seen, it had Case CDC and Cummins all on the same tag, maybe it was just on the first production run the MX120 I sold new had Case on the engine tag as well and I think every 4 cylinder I have seen in backhoes skid steers all say Case along with CDC hope my mind isn't slippin a cog again and I seen all this in a different life LOL

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm an IH man but I have tried for years to educate people that the original Magnum engines were a consolidated 50-50 arrangement with Case and Cummins. I haven't kept up on them lately so not sure when the switch to what ever it is now days in Magnums etc. Had a smart aaaa who knew everything come driving up to Deere shop when I worked there and I said, see you driving a Dodge with one of those Case engines. He didn't like that much and would not believe me anyway.

caseanonymous

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its funny I deal with the same anti-case knotheads too! THey really like to argue. Until I pull out the case books and show them the proof. But still no respect for case. My gain I guess. Glad i'm not the only one!!

jic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: rant, its not a cummins engine ! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

first Case tractors to get the CDC engine was the 1896 and 2096.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters