Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Coveralls

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking for recommendations on one piece, uninsulated coveralls for shop work.

Something like Dickies, but preferably a little more rugged/heavy duty.

Suggestions?

Chip812
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Carhartt : This is what I have http://www.altrec.com/carhartt/mens-duck-coverall-arctic-quilt-lined/

sd pete
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keys brand. I haven't purchased any for a while so i cant give a price. Used to be USA made don't know now.

gregger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

round-house.com
made in USA !!!

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My new ones this year were Walls that I bought on line. They are the medium weight. Heavier than all my other coveralls. They helped out in the coldest part of this winter but I start to sweat with much activity on my part in the warmer cold. I have a lighter pair of Walls on today which is just about right weather ways. I have a coupla pair of old Carharts and they seem about the same as the Walls as far as taking the eliments. I don't have heat in the factory so I wear them every day in the grease and oil. I cycle thru four pair.
I bought Red Cap coveralls for the help. They like them real well also. They don't have the zipper at the bottom of the legs which I need.
I think I got two pair of Red Cap for just a little more than one pair of walls.
I wear Red Cap work shirts winter and summer. Will be starting the third summer on the short sleeve shirts and they look like new hanging on the hangers now. Except for a few grease stains. I have three pair of the Red Cap uninsulated coveralls that I wear most of the warmer times. Three years old and have not fadded or became thin anywhere.
Just to give you an idea of the Red Cap quality.

Chris(WA)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JC Penneys USED to have great coveralls...but the new CEO knows what sells best. That must be why they posted the biggest LOSS in their history yesterday.

Rick in Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

last keys i bought several years ago already were foreign and seperated like rotten material after wearing just a few times.have one pair of roundhouse bibs good quality

sd pete
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok guess things change.

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wear Roundhouse bibs 7 days a week but never priced their coveralls.

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a set of insulated Carhartts that are bullet
proof and warm.

What I'm looking for is a summer-weight coverall.

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was looking at Red Cap on line. Thanks for the unbiased evaluation!

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don"t know how (un) biased my comments are but is seems I needed a chance to rattle on all about any of my coveralls I ever owned. Did I ever tell you about the ones I had in high school and what happened to them. (:^D

old popper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ditto on the Roundhouse. Never tried coveralls, but wear their bibs 365 days a year. Great quality.

old popper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Used to wear Key brand bibs also. When the"old man" turned the business over to the younger generation they discontinued the button fly, and their quality went "South" in my opinion. Promptly switched to Roundhouse. I found them by googling American made overalls.

Sid
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Coveralls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Please do.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters