411b New to me questions

I have a new to me case 1960 411b with what appears to be a 291b front end loader. My first question is which hose goes to which connection from the loader on the back facing the rear of the eagle hitch. I was able to get the loader going up and down by just connecting the passenger side right side cylinder. I do need to replace all the hoses but my question is specifically does which hose from goes where. It appears to be some type of distribution block right by the bucket and the two hoses that are very long. Or is there no difference? Also I can't seem to figure out how to allow the three-point to go back down. Again I'm a brand new tractor owner
17119101736551616778764777297397.jpg

Attachments

• 17119102144788582453617671022685.jpg
    17119102144788582453617671022685.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
  • 17119102608172154369067389001692.jpg
    17119102608172154369067389001692.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 69
  • 17119102822606869373388376373490.jpg
    17119102822606869373388376373490.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 77
Not sure how your hydraulic system works with the loader. The valve controller on the right side must lock out some function, maybe the three point. Normally the two levers next to.the seat control the lift arms (tall one) and the remote (short one outside). By my response it will bring your questions to the top of the threads and hopefully someone with experience in this will see it. You've got your hands on a good little tractor. Most owners neglect oiling the distributor, tach and speedometer cables, and keeping lube in the front steering gear box.

Hello Bl…, welcome to YT! Not familiar with that hydraulic system either. In you picture that ends in 92 that valve is usually the type that changes flow from on feed being supplied to it to either one outlet or the other. Try to push that knob in or out whichever is the opposite of where it now. See if that will allow the 3 point to work. In the picture ending in 85 I believe that is a “rotary valve” fluid that flows to it is metered to the opposite two outlets in nearly exact quantities. It forces two cylinders lifting against something to extend exactly the same amount no matter the load. Where a tee in the same locatIon would allow the one supporting the most weight to not extend as much or lag behind the other one which has less load against it.

Hello Bl…, welcome to YT! Not familiar with that hydraulic system either. In you picture that ends in 92 that valve is usually the type that changes flow from on feed being supplied to it to either one outlet or the other. Try to push that knob in or out whichever is the opposite of where it now. See if that will allow the 3 point to work. In the picture ending in 85 I believe that is a “rotary valve” fluid that flows to it is metered to the opposite two outlets in nearly exact quantities. It forces two cylinders lifting against something to extend exactly the same amount no matter the load. Where a tee in the same locatIon would allow the one supporting the most weight to not extend as much or lag behind the other one which has less load against it.
Yes I think I remember the guy who sold it to me said that that knob/valve switches the hydraulics from the front to the rear. But this then raises another question......the bucket hoses must attach to those quick connects at the rear as they are the only ones I see.He had never had the loader on and didnt really know anything about it.

Yes I think I remember the guy who sold it to me said that that knob/valve switches the hydraulics from the front to the rear. But this then raises another question......the bucket hoses must attach to those quick connects at the rear as they are the only ones I see.He had never had the loader on and didnt really know anything about it.
You’re going to have to wait for someone to answer that is familiar with how those Eagle hitches work. I see the levers have rods that run forward. A picture off the valve on the other end of those rods may help. One picture closer and then one standing back a bit so you can see where the hoses are going. A couple pics of both sides standing back a bit so we can see what the cylinder connections for the loader look like.

I have a new to me case 1960 411b with what appears to be a 291b front end loader. My first question is which hose goes to which connection from the loader on the back facing the rear of the eagle hitch. I was able to get the loader going up and down by just connecting the passenger side right side cylinder. I do need to replace all the hoses but my question is specifically does which hose from goes where. It appears to be some type of distribution block right by the bucket and the two hoses that are very long. Or is there no difference? Also I can't seem to figure out how to allow the three-point to go back down. Again I'm a brand new tractor ownerView attachment 65074
without a complete picture of this tractor and loader it hard so say what u got going on there. you need one set of hose's (2) , for the lift cylinders, and one set of hose (2) for the bucket cylinder. one lever operates the lift , and one lever operated the bucket. the tractor needs double hyd. outlets which i cannot see. not sure on the eagle hitch but that should be separate also , like a lever. i see it still has the old original case hyd. outlets also. most have been changed to pioneer fittings, which are easy to buy.

without a complete picture of this tractor and loader it hard so say what u got going on there. you need one set of hose's (2) , for the lift cylinders, and one set of hose (2) for the bucket cylinder. one lever operates the lift , and one lever operated the bucket. the tractor needs double hyd. outlets which i cannot see. not sure on the eagle hitch but that should be separate also , like a lever. i see it still has the old original case hyd. outlets also. most have been changed to pioneer fittings, which are easy to buy.
Thank you! I may have to look into that as I was wondering why I couldn't get the male ends to snap in.

Thank you! I may have to look into that as I was wondering why I couldn't get the male ends to snap in.
then i better let you know how these hyd. levers work. if you have 4 outlets then the top one on each side is one set meaning that is your up and down for one cyl. the bottom ones on each side are one set also. they do not go left is one set or right is one set. and if you cant plg the males in then you need matching male and female couplers. gonna be hard to find them male couplers. post you couplers also. i will know what they are also.

If this helps clear any confusion, I've seen some of those tractors with single acting hydraulic cylinders for the loader lift (power lift, gravity down). With that setup, there would only be one hydraulic hose to each loader lift cylinder, not two. On my uncle's 530 Case those two cylinders are just T-ed together, so there are only 3 hoses connecting on the back of the tractor, one for loader lift and two for the bucket.

then i better let you know how these hyd. levers work. if you have 4 outlets then the top one on each side is one set meaning that is your up and down for one cyl. the bottom ones on each side are one set also. they do not go left is one set or right is one set. and if you cant plg the males in then you need matching male and female couplers. gonna be hard to find them male couplers. post you couplers also. i will know what they are also.

Attachments

• 20240401_163204.jpg
    20240401_163204.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240401_163158.jpg
    20240401_163158.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 20240401_160917.jpg
    20240401_160917.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 42
  • 20240401_160906.jpg
    20240401_160906.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240401_160902.jpg
    20240401_160902.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
  • 20240401_160848.jpg
    20240401_160848.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 43
  • 20240401_160829.jpg
    20240401_160829.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240401_160809.jpg
    20240401_160809.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
  • 20240401_160757.jpg
    20240401_160757.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 43
  • 20240401_160751.jpg
    20240401_160751.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 40
If this helps clear any confusion, I've seen some of those tractors with single acting hydraulic cylinders for the loader lift (power lift, gravity down). With that setup, there would only be one hydraulic hose to each loader lift cylinder, not two. On my uncle's 530 Case those two cylinders are just T-ed together, so there are only 3 hoses connecting on the back of the tractor, one for loader lift and two for the bucket.
That is how this one is set up and only one set of outputs in the rear. But the knob/valve on the right I think switches from from to rear. Do I need to add outputs in the front or switch from front to rear when operating the bucket?

I was assuming one was a return line because the other side is a single hose going to a single cylinder that operates the bucket.

@rustred are you familiar with eagle hitches? I don’t see any other control levers back by the seat. I wonder if that hose going back and connecting up under the seat simply is a connection to the Eagle hitch cylinder and no other valving back there? The front valves control the up/down for the hitch. I’ll have to look at the parts diagrams. I don’t care for those cut-away style diagrams they use. Where are these Case guys at? Someone has to know something about this stuff.

The control on the right side switches the function of the hydraulic (tall one) lever beside the seat from lift arms to the loader bucket. Both levers then control your lift and tilt of the bucket with the hose being hooked to the remote coupler. Using one side or the other will change the direction the lever is pushed to raise the loader. Down is gravity driven. If you wish to use the 3 point, lock the loader up with the control switch and the lift arms should work. They are gravity force down also and sometimes work slow without weight on them.

The control on the right side switches the function of the hydraulic (tall one) lever beside the seat from lift arms to the loader bucket. Both levers then control your lift and tilt of the bucket with the hose being hooked to the remote coupler. Using one side or the other will change the direction the lever is pushed to raise the loader. Down is gravity driven. If you wish to use the 3 point, lock the loader up with the control switch and the lift arms should work. They are gravity force down also and sometimes work slow without weight on them.
Thank you so much! I have new pioneer style quick connects being delivered today.There are 2 hoses going to the bucket via the round thing with 2 inputs and 1 output going to the cylinder. does it make a difference which of those goes to which remote? Is one for pressure and one for return?

No difference, normally they are hooked to where one pulls the lever backward to raise amd forward to lower. Using them that way all the time will allow your actions to be automatic with the tractor ie. you won't have to think which way do I pull the lever every time you use it. You're new Pioneer couplers can be made to fit your tractor and be used like the originals. Pictured is 1 1/2" id x 2" od pipe that when machined with a outside groove to fit the holders on the tractor, and barely cut on the inside to get a easy press fit over the Pioneer, works and looks great. All my Case work tractors are converted this way.
20240402_142237.jpg
20240402_143328.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back