1070 muffler

A muffler will do quite a bit to quiet it down, but it really only helps with the "popping" in the exhaust. At no load, idle rpm, the engine won't sound much different.

On a side note, we had the exhaust manifold off our 1070 once (the one in my profile picture), and it sounded pretty cool. A lot like a P-51 airplane.

All you needed was wings. Thanks guys. It is just loud enough with straight pipe you can't hear the radio clear in the cab. Guess I will spend the money and try the muffler. Some people call me cheap, more like I had rather keep my money and let someone else do without.

Mufflers are cheaper than hearing aids. I once owned a green tractor that had the factory muffler and it was ear splitting loud.

I agree with you totally. Something can be said for back pressure around the valves. I know it affects turbo engines quite a lot with no backpressure. Non turbo, maybe not as much. They always seem to run smoother with a muffler, maybe it's just a noise thing! I guess I like everything I own to be quiet.

Could not get the db meter to work but it sure did quiet the noise level by a lot, now I can hear myself think. I found the reason for the straight pipe though, the cast 90 degree pipe attached to the manifold was missing a lot of material where the muffler attaches and couldn't support the weight. With some crafty barnyard engineering I got the muffler on tight.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back