1710 Hydraulics are inoperable after sitting over the winter. Clean fluid, filter changed 50 hours ago.

Erik in Wis.

New User
I started the engine, got the bucket to curl about 2 inches and then no motion. 3 point is dead too. The hydraulic fluid is clean and changed about 50 hours ago along with the filter. If the pressure relief valve is stuck, where is it located? Thanks

My other guess is that the pump shaft just snapped or something got sucked up into the filter and plugged it…less likely. I have no fluid leaking. One thing that it has done, and is more prevalent, is the bucket slowly curls forward as I’m driving along. I have to keep hitting the lever to pull it back as I travel. That was last fall when it was operating normally.

I have not ever had trouble with my Shibaura Fords so I don't have hands on experience. That being said, I do have the Service Manual which should help immensely when that time comes. Here is the Hydraulic Troubleshooting page with the Fails To Operate box.
DSCN1746.JPG
DSCN1747.JPG

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back