If your "tractor dealer" has no idea what to do, he's in the wrong business. This is not that complicated, and is done on a regular basis everywhere. The paperwork with the new valve clearly shows the part number for the power beyond sleeve to fit the valve. Do you not have that part yet? That's the critical part here, the rest is just hardware.

I totally agree, I have had no luck finding anyone here in No. Colorado that is familiar with this tractor is the main problem. I did get the power beyond "plug" as Bare-Co. calls it, not a sleeve, what is missing if I understand you all is that now I need to add a 2nd return line in the available return port on the side of the control valve below where the top port now has a return line also? I just don't know where to tie it into the sump of the tractor. I think I'm just going to give up and use it the way it has been for 50 years, or until I can locate someone who is familiar with this old Ford 1900.
Thank you all

I totally agree, I have had no luck finding anyone here in No. Colorado that is familiar with this tractor is the main problem. I did get the power beyond "plug" as Bare-Co. calls it, not a sleeve, what is missing if I understand you all is that now I need to add a 2nd return line in the available return port on the side of the control valve below where the top port now has a return line also? I just don't know where to tie it into the sump of the tractor. I think I'm just going to give up and use it the way it has been for 50 years, or until I can locate someone who is familiar with this old Ford 1900.
Thank you all
If you can find adapters to fit you could plumb the return line into the fill plug. Without having a tractor to look at at I can't tell you if there is another spot for a return line.

I'll take a look, but the old control valve I reinstalled only has the 4 ports for the tilt & lift lines, and 1 ea labeled "in & "out" (pressure & return). But there are no other ports/ plugs that would even allow a 2nd return line, that is what is confusing to me. If I had to guess, I would think there is another problem somewhere in the hydraulic system allowing the pressure to bleed back. It does not make sense that when this tractor was built that it was sold this way.
Thanks

Lots of tractors were configured and sold that way. Just because it's been like that for years doesn't make it right. Without power beyond and the third line it's just a matter of time before problems will show up. With only the two connections between the old valve and the tractor, the issue with the three point has always been there. You've only just now noticed it.

I agree, sounds like I need to figure out how to achieve the power beyond with a 3rd line, and go back to the Bare-Co. valve I have as the original does not have another port. Again I really appreciate the help.

I did some additional calling around and I think I found a dealer that understands the issue. he too agreed that those tractors were built without power beyond. He is looking into seeing if there is a way to get an additional line into the sump.
Thanks again for all this help, I will keep you posted on my findings

I've been through this more times than I care to count. You have the basics now, the right style valve and the part number for the sleeve. All that's left is finding a place on the tractor to return the oil. I admit I haven't seen a 1900 in some years, so I can't help you on a good location for that, but having been doing this sort of thing for forty plus years, I've always found a way.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back