1928 McCormick Deering 10-20

I am restoring a 1928 McCormick Deering 10-20. I have had it running a couple times now. But it starts hard. I believe my issue is in the carburetor. Can someone help me that might be knowledgeable about these brass carburetors?

My 1020, 1/2 or 1 turn of crank with choke on and ignition off.
Turn choke off and turn ignition on it should start.
If it starts with the choke on you can't get it off fast enough, and it will be flooded.
Jim

its just a carburetor , very simple. check the needle and seat, check the float for being heavy and check if its level. check the fuel
settings. check to make sure it has good spark also. should be running with 2 flips of the crank.

(quoted from post at 06:49:32 08/03/22) My 1020, 1/2 or 1 turn of crank with choke on and ignition off.
Turn choke off and turn ignition on it should start.
If it starts with the choke on you can't get it off fast enough, and it will be flooded.
Jim

WOW! It worked! I did just what you said to do a it started on the second crank. It ran a little rough at first, I had to adjust the top adjustment on the carb and the idle adjustment on the bottom of the carb a little bit. Tomorrow I will give it it's first trial run in 80 years around the yard. Thanks so very much for your help! Terry

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back