1939 Case RC magneto

nljakestoo

New User
I’m a new owner of a 1939 CASE RC. When running, the magneto sounds very rough (almost like an electrical whirring). The original mag is on it so could the internals just be worn out? The tractor also idles very loudly (Peter’s out sometimes too) even while the throttle is low. Not sure if the two issues are connected but figured I’d start with the mag first.

The engine is a Waukesha FL 4 cylinder, What mag is on it? I am familiar with the engine with an IHC F-4 Mag
Yes you could have a bad bearing in a magneto, that would make a growling noise.

The engine is a Waukesha FL 4 cylinder, What mag is on it? I am familiar with the engine with an IHC F-4 Mag
Yes you could have a bad bearing in a magneto, that would make a growling noise.
It looks like it’s a 4CMA-20. How would one go about finding a bearing? I have the parts manual and it doesn’t seem to list one.

I believe that is a wico magneto, contact John Brillman of the Brillman company for parts good guy very helpful
540-477-4112 He ships parts anywhere. He may even have a rebuilt mag.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back