1952 Super A Hydraulic pump help

MW3002

New User
Hello, was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me on my hydraulic pump. 1. Is it a Thompson or a Pesco? At first I thought it was a Thompson by the cap style, but after working the paint off to read the part # I'm almost sure it's a Pesco, just not a 100% The gasket kit for Pesco lists for part#s 355007R91, R92, and R94, but mine looks like it has 355007R93 in one pic. In another pic I took it looks like a 2 stamped down. #2 question is my shaft worn down enough to need a Speedi sleeve? I used a digital caliper and measured the shaft at .624 inches at normal and .620 inches where it's worn. Just not sure if that .004 in. Is enough wear to leak fluid into the oil pan. My pump has the o ring style and not the shaft seal. Also, I changed the oil prior to taking of the pump and noticed quite a bit of oil more than 5 quarts and that was before researching and finding out that a leaking pump can fill the oil pan. When I drained my touch control block, after it wasn't working there was only around a quart of hydraulic fluid that came out. Thank you to in advance to anyone that can help me on this. Mitchell

Hello MW welcome to YT! I will link the manufactures online parts catalog. Number 1 at the top of the diagram is the Pesco pump. Number 8 at the bottom is the Thompson. The upper back part of the pumps have different shapes. Neither of those have oring seals. Unless you have a creeper pump that has a threaded port on top and bottom and not the back, that on is shown in the Hydraulics subsection 253. That linked page will allow you to view all the parts diagrams for your tractor. Be aware many parts are not available and many part numbers and descriptions have been removed.
The 2nd link is to a post that has a description of how to post photos here in a reply by member JimME.
CNHI Farmall Super A online parts catalog

Post with pic posting info

Hello Red thanks for replying and welcoming me. I must've tried uploading too.many files. Here is a pic of my pump. I might have to reply many times with different pics. The cap looks like a Thompson, but I've seen posts by other members whom have a Pesco and the Pesco looks similar to mine. My pump definitely does have an o ring instead of a seal.

cvphoto164408.jpg

cvphoto164409.jpg

cvphoto164410.jpg

cvphoto164411.jpg

cvphoto164412.jpg

cvphoto164413.jpg

So I checked out that creeper motor and I don't think it's that either. Also, I forgot to mention my pump doesn't have a ball bypass valve either like the Thompson or Pesco has.

The number after the R is a revision number. A number in the 90's indicates an assembly, like a pump. Higher numbers are generally backward-compatible with lower numbers.

The first six digits is the part number. Since 355007R91, R92 and R94 are Pesco pumps, the R93 will also be a Pesco pump.

So the kit for the R91/92/94 will work for the R93 pump.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back