1953 Farmall Super C with a 2-wire distributor.

Just purchased the Super C and cannot find a wiring diagram for the ignition system with 2 wires coming from the distributor.
This thing has been pretty well hacked up but does run with 12-volt neg ground. When I turn the switch off, it tends to keep running like it's overheated and pinging. It's not hot only ran for a few minutes. The 2 wires coming from the distributor are going to the + and - side of the coil. What is the correct wiring for a 6-volt pos ground system?
Thanks,

1713718081298.jpeg

I got this one on line for you to answer the one question .

Just purchased the Super C and cannot find a wiring diagram for the ignition system with 2 wires coming from the distributor.
This thing has been pretty well hacked up but does run with 12-volt neg ground. When I turn the switch off, it tends to keep running like it's overheated and pinging. It's not hot only ran for a few minutes. The 2 wires coming from the distributor are going to the + and - side of the coil. What is the correct wiring for a 6-volt pos ground system?
Thanks,
Update: It does have a 12-volt coil and yes 1 wire alt hooked up. No diode!

Last edited:
Thanks,
I agree with Dieseltech. The ignition has been converted to electronic. Probably Pertronics brand as that is the most common by far. Google Pertronics and get a diagram to make it correct. If there is a Delco alternator on it that may be the "keeps running" issue as the wire going to the #1 side spade connector on the alternator needs to have a diode or 10 ohm resistor placed in series with it to shut off the ignition in the excite circuit. A marker light bulb (not LED) will also work in series. A diode should have the band end toward the alternator. Jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back