1961 MF 35 Perkins Fuel Issue

redscout

New User
Engine was rebuilt and ever since the engine dies after about 20 minutes of running strong and will not start until fuel system is bled. The injection pump, fuel pump and filter were all replaced during rebuild. Can you provide guidance in the most logical steps to determine what is causing the system to get air into fuel system. How should I go about trying to fix. Have spent many times more than I should have on tractor but it is part of the family and will not give up on the old girl.

Make sure the constant air bleed fitting is not plugged on top of the filter base, line is usually connected to the injector leak off line too. The fitting is either a
bleed bolt or a straight fitting. Also if NAPA/WIX filter, MAKE SURE there's NO extra seal ring placed in the filter top outer groove, that's the fuel inlet passage and
must not be blocked.
cvphoto156572.jpg

Thanks for quick response, tractor is 3 hours away, this will give me a few things to consider when I get to work on tractor again.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back