1966 Massey Ferguson 150 Multipower Repair Questions

JH Michigan

New User
I have a 1966 Massey Ferguson 150 Perkins Diesel with multi-power it was my first tractor I bought and have owned for several years now. I am seeking advice from someone who has worked on the multipower transmission and has an idea how much it would cost to rebuild it. Right now the multipower shifts into high and low and the multipower seems to work but when shifting into high range you get hydraulic oil pumping out the weep hole. From some of the reading I have done it sounds like it’s a double split job and replacing the steel rings and the pto and main input shaft. My clutch is also starting to get weak and I believe the pto may be starting to slip under a heavy load. Any advice is appreciated as my mechanical ability is a beginner trying to learn as I go. Is there ever a time when the cost to repair is more than the tractors worth and is this one of them?

Attachments

• IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
A double split is NOT needed to replace the MP input shaft seal rings, PTO input seal rings. Long as the MP clutch works OK the transmission does NOT need to come out. The input oil seals and cast rings on both the shaft and retainer housing can be done with just the clutch split. Dealer should have the special tools needed to replace the PTO shaft seal that the main input shaft goes through. I'd remove the lower four bolt plate and see if there's more than one like with engine running, and in Hi MP. When the seals leak oil WILL get into the dual clutch.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back