kcm.MN

Puzzle: https://jigex.com/evBvo

mvphoto110357.jpg

Imagine the crew it took to build that
monster of a building. Quite the feat!
Amazing to think their hard work still stands
the test of wind and perils today.
Thanks for sharing. GG Wes

So would hay be stored in the upper part or would that be used as a very high granary?

It's a really neat old crib.

Corn-cribs on the two sides, with ground tunnels to slide in the corn sheller drag feeds to bring the ear corn into the sheller.. Three granarys top center with bottom unloads to empty bins. On roof, center top encloser housed the elevator.

I live in Sibley County don't recall seeing it but, I have not been on every road either. There is one on Hwy 19 south of Arlington that has a very serious lean to it, I can text a picture but, not on here.

Im just saying that when traveling you see that style prolific around Mc Leod, Sibley, and Nicollet. I grew up in Stearns abs sang the same songs as my neighbors to the south, but they didnt build cribs that way. Im in Meeker now and still no cupola cribs. Not so much in Wright or Renville, but Mc Leod, Sibley, and Nicollet.

Since the ear corn is pretty well past with little livestock fed ear corn on the bigger operations now might as well side it with steel and use it for a granary and shed or open the bottom up some so you have more shed space. some paint would help to preserve it too.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back