25 kohler command

okiejones

I have a kohler 25c with about 1020 hours. IT ran good for 16 years. this year it burnes oil and smokes. Ifigure it needs rings. I have rebuilt a few engines but never a small one. do the cylinders come off like a motorcycle? or can i pull the sleves without complete disassembly? Thanks for any sugestions JONES

The command 25 Does NOT have removable jugs or sleeve. What it does have is very hard sleeves. I would be willing to bet that you will have little cylinder wear. I was into a command 22 that I thought had ingested dirt from poor air filter maintenance and I saw NO cylinder or RING wear. This was after repairing a Command 16 HO single that had ingested A LOT of dirt from a aftermarket air filter that did not seal in the air Filter housing. This engine showed only .0025 inch cylinder wear. You must bore at .003 inch. The top ring was so worn that the end gap when installed in the cylinder was .100 inch.
I think if I remember right the cylinder walls in a Command 25 is of different material the the Command 22.

Kent

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back