275 rear axle leak

petebert

What all is involved with repairing this leak? It's leaking on both sides. I'm guessing it's just the gasket that between the sections. Wasn't sure how much there was to removing those sections.

I wouldn't want to do it myself due to the weight of the tires. According to the manual they weigh about 850lbs loaded. I'm actually bringing this tractor to my local ag tire shop to have some rim repair work done. Is this something you think an ag tire shop could do while they have the tires and rims off or is it generally something a repair shop should be doing if you're not doing it yourself.

Also what fluid is in there? By the looks of it, it's just the fluid the brakes are sitting in and is independent of the rear end fluid?

yvAX6uC.jpg

If they are taking the rim off, I would say it would be no big deal for them to do that seal as well for an additional charge. They would just have to remove that hub too. I did mine on a 175, somewhat similar. The wheel is a bear to get off, unless you have another machine with a loader or something similar. To get to that seal you need to remove those large bolts you see in the photo, and it is heavy. I was able to do it with homemade dolly, and couple floor jacks, but it was precarious.

copy and paste that link for you digital agco parts book, scroll down to the rear axel to get an idea of how it goes together.

https://parts.agcocorp.com/en_US/apbsearch?q=masseyferguson/651451/l&name=275+%28AFTER+TO+9A349239%29+TRACTOR#

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back