2955 Hydraulic Reservoir check valve hoses

Hoping someone can help! I picked up a 2955 at auction and unfortunately the owner had disconnected the small hoses connected to the check valve. I can see the diagrams for the valve in the service manual and parts manual, but I can't tell where the other end of the hoses go. The owners son had installed one hose running to an elbow on the bottom of the pump, but based on the diagram in the parts manual I don't think that's correct. Attached are pictures of the check valve, and the diagrams from the manuals. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it!
1000002617.jpg
1000002618.jpg
1000002619.jpg

Hoping someone can help! I picked up a 2955 at auction and unfortunately the owner had disconnected the small hoses connected to the check valve. I can see the diagrams for the valve in the service manual and parts manual, but I can't tell where the other end of the hoses go. The owners son had installed one hose running to an elbow on the bottom of the pump, but based on the diagram in the parts manual I don't think that's correct. Attached are pictures of the check valve, and the diagrams from the manuals. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it!View attachment 69878View attachment 69879View attachment 69880

''one hose running to an elbow on the bottom of the pump''

I believe that is correct, on the other line goes to a little nipple on the transmission cover.

The parts manual does have a diagram showing one hose going to an elbow on the pump, but that's for a later serial number range than I have. For the nipple on the transmission cover, do you know where it is? I looked around the clutch and transmission housings and didn't see anything obvious.

''one hose running to an elbow on the bottom of the pump''

I believe that is correct, on the other line goes to a little nipple on the transmission cover.
That is correct. Banjo fitting above reservoir tank vent is just a through connecting point for hydraulic pump seal drain line to sump / top cover like you stated. For original poster, the vent circuit including the seal drain line coming from pump should not have any flow to speak of. Just a pressure relief / dripper If you have constant flow from pump elbow fitting the internal. shaft seal is leaking and pump needs to be removed and resealed. DW

The parts manual does have a diagram showing one hose going to an elbow on the pump, but that's for a later serial number range than I have. For the nipple on the transmission cover, do you know where it is? I looked around the clutch and transmission housings and didn't see anything obvious.
On top of shift cover (If open station) Cover is still there on cab tractor and floor plate will need to be removed to see it and connect it. in the front right hand corner pointing forward and upward off front edge of transmission shift cover. Nipple may got pulled when original plastic hose was removed. Might be stuck in old hose. DW

That is correct. Banjo fitting above reservoir tank vent is just a through connecting point for hydraulic pump seal drain line to sump / top cover like you stated. For original poster, the vent circuit including the seal drain line coming from pump should not have any flow to speak of. Just a pressure relief / dripper If you have constant flow from pump elbow fitting the internal. shaft seal is leaking and pump needs to be removed and resealed. DW
I only see occasional drips, but I wanted to ensure it gets connected properly. So if one hose goes to the pump, the other one connects to the transmission? Where is that nipple located?

On top of shift cover (If open station) Cover is still there on cab tractor and floor plate will need to be removed to see it and connect it. in the front right hand corner pointing forward and upward off front edge of transmission shift cover. Nipple may got pulled when original plastic hose was removed. Might be stuck in old hose. DW
Thanks!

As others have mentioned front hyd pump shaft seal drain line attachment barb located on trans shift cover is encircled in green.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-06 094540.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-06 094540.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 9
I found the nipple on the transmission, thanks! I had to take the valve out of the reservoir to find the right size hose and there was no spring, ball or retainer. Any chance that can fall off in the reservoir or is it likely just missing?

Hoping someone can help! I picked up a 2955 at auction and unfortunately the owner had disconnected the small hoses connected to the check valve. I can see the diagrams for the valve in the service manual and parts manual, but I can't tell where the other end of the hoses go. The owners son had installed one hose running to an elbow on the bottom of the pump, but based on the diagram in the parts manual I don't think that's correct. Attached are pictures of the check valve, and the diagrams from the manuals. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it!View attachment 69878View attachment 69879View attachment 69880
One more thing to point out. If you go by a hydralic shop and get 1/4 inch hydralic hose it will last decades longer than that thin tubing will.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back