300 Hydraulic update

300guy

I got up to the arm today and put the cleaned filter back into the tractor. I don't remember this when I first changed the fluid about 15 to 20 years ago, but the filter will only match the 4 bolt holes one way. So it didn't matter about the half baffle in the filter. Not sure how it went in as I just matched up the holes, put the sealer and gasket on and installed it into the tractor.
I found the drain plug also. It was not in the reservoir housing, it was in a pipe Tee that was screwed into the drain hole. The return hose for the power steering was connected to the other end of the Tee. I knew it had an add on power steering when I bought it, so this is how they plumed it. Plus the other hoses for the loader draped over the Tee making it very hard to see unless you moved the hoses off to the side. All is together and working again.

I got up to the arm today and put the cleaned filter back into the tractor. I don't remember this when I first changed the fluid about 15 to 20 years ago, but the filter will only match the 4 bolt holes one way. So it didn't matter about the half baffle in the filter. Not sure how it went in as I just matched up the holes, put the sealer and gasket on and installed it into the tractor.
I found the drain plug also. It was not in the reservoir housing, it was in a pipe Tee that was screwed into the drain hole. The return hose for the power steering was connected to the other end of the Tee. I knew it had an add on power steering when I bought it, so this is how they plumed it. Plus the other hoses for the loader draped over the Tee making it very hard to see unless you moved the hoses off to the side. All is together and working again.
Thanks for the update. All fine and dandy. Jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back