36A loader on a 1964 2010 diesel

HobbySaw

New User
I have a 2010 diesel and can get a 36A loader for it cheaply. Unit would be used on hobby farm, mainly to feed 800# round bales during winter. Tractor has scv for one remote cylinder. What are my options for powering the loaders two valves (lift and bucket). Thanks for your help. George

How long have you owned this diesel 2010 ? Not to disparage your choice in tractors ,,,,,,,,,, however that chassis and engine combo can be high maintenance .

(quoted from post at 16:18:34 09/04/22) I have a 2010 diesel and can get a 36A loader for it cheaply. Unit would be used on hobby farm, mainly to feed 800# round bales during winter. Tractor has scv for one remote cylinder. What are my options for powering the loaders two valves (lift and bucket). Thanks for your help. George

I think you are asking for the points to tap into the hydraulic system for loader supply and return, without using the remotes. It sounds like your loader has a mounted valve(s).

Does your loader really have two separate valves to operate the lift and bucket, or does it one valve with two spools to operate the lift and bucket? (One two spool valve would be the normal, but I have seen a loader someone used two separate valves on, so best to clarify what you have.) Plumbing two valves would be different than plumbing one two spool valve.

Also, your 2010 is open center hydraulics. Do you know if the valve(s) on the loader are open or closed center valves? If you don't know the type of valve(s), do you know what tractor the loader was last mounted on?

A hyd adapter to power FEL valve will probably have to be shop built. JD 2010 can be complicated to power a frt end loader control valve.

IIRC powering a FEL valve other than attaching pressure/return hoses for FEL control valve to scv breakaway coupler then move scv control lever correct direction to supply oil to FEL control valve requires a special hyd adapter.

There is some info in the 36A Operator's Manual (OMC17103) that follows what Tx Jim posted. You can get a free copy of the Operator's Manual at https://techpubs.deere.com/. Click on Equipment Publications. On the next page type 36A in the search box, then search. You should get a drop-down list that includes Loaders - Base Units. Click on that to get the list of manuals available. At the right of the Operator's Manual line, you can click on view only or Download.

The Parts catalog online has info about the parts required for attaching loaders with independent control valves. I doubt new parts will be available from JD, but it will show you what was used.

36A Parts Catalog

I'll bet adapter plate(c14656) to attach FEL valve hyd directly to tractor equipped with a SCV won't be easy to locate
mvphoto96844.png

Thanks for all the replies!
I have heard of the 2010's shortcomings, this one has done all I've asked of it so far and has a good power steering system.
The loader has 1 valve with 2 spools for lift and dump. Previous tractor was a JD 435, with 1 remote, no power steering, loader was plumbed from under the seat and the remote still seemed to work.

The 2010 remote is rarely used . I guess my simplest question is can the remote plug ins be used to power the loader valve even if I have to hold the valve lever engaged?
The open or closed center hydraulics seem to complicate this project and overall speed of operation is not very important to me
Thanks to all, HobbySaw

JD 435 & 2010 both have open center hyd systems. Yes you can plug FEL control valve pressure & return hoses into scv breakaway couplers & move scv lever the correct direction to send pressure oil to FEL control valve. One can use bungee cord to hold scv in correct position

Very interesting....not to hijack but is the scv open center on a 3020? I might try the same thing and save the $150 in plumbing parts like HobbySaw will.

I have a 3020 and do just that with my 48 loader. It is connected to a rear scv, and I use a bungee cord to hold the scv lever down when in use. I then bump it up to neutral position when not using the tractor without taking off the bungee cord. I was going to plumb in the system, but that was about 35 years ago and I might get around to it one day......or not

(quoted from post at 09:40:29 09/07/22) Very interesting....not to hijack but is the scv open center on a 3020? I might try the same thing and save the $150 in plumbing parts like HobbySaw will.

3020 has closed center hyd system.

Although not ideal method FEL control valve can have pressure & return oil routed through breakaway coupler & SCV control lever held in correct position with bungee cord to send hyd oil on correct path to FEL control valve that is set up for closed center hyd system.

You won t regret plumbing the 3020 properly with the return oil to the oil filter instead of into the transmission case .
Some people have low standards and make do with mediocre .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back