40 series SCV housing leaking

OK need some help to figure what I’m doing wrong on an SCV case on a 2440.
I have two SCV valves. They started leaking between the two housings on the top. I had these rebuilt last year by a local shop. They worked fine for about a year and then started leaking. I took them off and replaced the packing as between the two scv housings. That didn’t fix the leak. The shop told me one of the housings was cracked. So I got a used SCV valve and tried that. I had to switch the handle positions and when I did I replaced the o-rings on the handle. This seemed to fix the leak on the top of the SCV but in doing to I had to open the housing to switch out the mounting bracket. Now I have a large leak out the bottom of the scv housing. Tried replacing all the packings inside the bottom of the scv but that didn’t fix it either. Not sure where to go next???
Attached puctures of where it was originally leaking and now where the housing is leaking along with pictures of the packing that I replaced on the bottom of the scv housing.

Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• IMG_3744.jpeg
    IMG_3744.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3746.jpeg
    IMG_3746.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3755.jpeg
    IMG_3755.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3750.jpeg
    IMG_3750.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
Here is a video of the leak
You already have a thread going on this problem, best to stay with that one.

You don't say if your picture is just as removed or just before installing with new packings. If you had the new packings in and were ready to install it, I would say the plate, and likely the housing, needs a good bit of cleaning the metal-to-metal faces need to be shiny clean. I would recommend replacing every O-ring, backup ring, and packing that is in or on a removed component, even if they look good. No picking and choosing what you think looks bad. Are you getting the sealing parts from John Deere or another source.

I’m using all John Deere parts. Sorry about the double post I couldn’t edit the title and my problem has changed so it seemed like the better way to go. The picture of the inside of the svc is the spare one I bought. I noticed it is dirty and discolored. The two that are on the tractor currently are clean. I replaced every packing. One thing I have heard is using a white plastic backing that would go under the packing. Kinda like a shim for the packing. Not factory but I have read about doing something like this.

Thanks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back