4000 4cyl. Diesel injection pump leak

C. Pierce

I have a Ford 4000 diesel injector pump leak at the bottom small allen screw on the right
side of pump shown in the picture. The screw that hold the oval cap. Is this an adjustment screw? Can this be tightened or removed without changing adjustments? Any idea of how to stop drip leak?
In picture don't pay attention to oil leak from pushrod cover I know I am going to have to replace gasket on that...I am talking about screw just right of timing inspection cover.
a41972.jpg

That screw and the other one hold that oval piece (which is part of the advance mechanism) in place. You can remove the screw and there should be a gasket underneath the head- probably a paper or fiber washer.

Thanks so much for the information. I thought it might be some form of adjustment so I did not want to mess something up. I have to change gaskets on valve cover, pushrod cover, and injector rubber seals to stop leaks. When I do that I will repair the leak on the pump. Thanks again...Charles

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back