4020 plastic fuel tank V 2.0.

Scott 730

Tank arrived today. Fast shipping, it was ordered last Friday. That's where the good news ends. The surface around the sending unit hole is no where near flat. I laid a 1" flat washer on the opening and there is nearly a 1/16" gap under the washer in the middle. I can't believe they send these tanks out without going through some kind of a milling or sanding operation to true up the mounting surface. What have others experienced with these tanks to get a good seal at the sending unit?? The vendor was promptly called, and I requested another tank be checked for trueness before being sent out. We'll see how that goes.

You are in for even MORE fun when you try to to get the air cleaner bracket mounted correctly and securely under the bands on the flexible plastic tank so that the air intake tube matches up with the hole in the hood, etc.!

Check to see if the correct SAE machine screws for the
sender will fit or if you have to get metric machine
screws.

Also, check for leaks before installing the tank. I bought
what was supposed to be a poly tank from another parts
source and it turned out to be a resin tank which leaked
around the fittings cast into the tank. So far, grinding the
tank down and filling in with JB Weld and some sealer has
held.

And, in case you did not know, be careful tightening the
bands. They are made of unobtainium unless someone
has started reproducing them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back