4020 wheel weight question

Scott 730

Have a chance to buy a few correct weights for my 4020. It has 16.9 38's. Bone dry, never had fluid in these tubes, tires and rims. Would adding 2 weights per side be enough benefit to offset the lightening of my wallet? Has a 158 loader used for light duty property maintenance mostly. Some light tillage, snowblower, and pull type combine are mostly what it does. Not overworked, and not making a living with it. I am having a hard time believing approx 560 lbs is going to make a difference. Probably should just save my money, IDK.

I have 4 pair on the one 4020 and 3 pair on the other. The tractor with 4 pair was my big tractor for many years. Start with 2 pair and you
can always add more. Tom

I had three pair on my 4020 which had a light loader on it. This was after I got rid of the calcium chloride. I would never have
a loader on a tractor without adding some weight to offset it.

We have 4 on each side with a 148, wouldn't go any less since the 158 sticks out more. Go with what you can afford. Also depends where the rim and wheel are set, so not to stick past the tires if any narrow
doors/gates. If the wheels are set in on the rims put the bolts in the last weight so you can add more later, though the bolts aren't cheap either.

You will probably get almost twice that weight if you liquid load the tires. My advice is DO NOT USE CALCIUM CHLORIDE!! It will mess up your rims, your tractor and render the machine a total mess
in a few years. Figure the weight of liquid and put in an automotive anti-freeze mixture according to your lowest temperatures.

how the heck did you come up with that senario? keep an eye on you your valve stems and if you see the seeping replace them, they are 5.00 each. i have 50 and 60 year old tractors here with calcium.

If you have 3 point hitch you could make a counter weight to hang on the back when using the loader. I made one from concrete that weighs about
1500 pounds to put on my 5020.

Modern times require modern solutions. Use "Rim Guard" made of sugar beet juice. Won't freeze, won't corrode rims, won't poison the environment, and water soluble. Good to-34.

(quoted from post at 22:30:18 12/12/22) Modern times require modern solutions. Use "Rim Guard" made of sugar beet juice. Won't freeze, won't corrode rims, won't poison the environment, and water soluble. Good to-34.

Cast iron weights are not "modern" enough?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

A 158 loader is enough longer to require more weight. R3404 are correct 150# weight and usually bring from $100 to $150 each. I never liked fluid but just put beetle juice in a new 6130R that has a
grapple. IMHO I would want more than 4.I am sure you know but wide front on 2520/4320 was not designed for heavy loader work.

Cast iron weights are not "modern" enough?? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sure, but it will take a lot of them to equal the weight you'll get from beet juice. Plus at the cost of weights these days, the beet juice might be cheaper.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back