4210 starting problem

Voleboler

New User
Hi all, new to this site, but I am in need of a little assistance.
I have owned my 4210 since new and never really had an issue. The last snow storm we had (Pocono’s pa) I went out to start her up and the battery was dead, so got the charger connected but couldn’t get a charge, so switched over to power start, charger has 200 amp jump start, tractor fired up no problem. After shutting it off, I tried the same thing to take the second plow of the driveway. When I hit the key I got nothing so I moved to check my connections ( must have left the key in run) I turned around and seen a bit of smoke come out of fuse panel, immediately pulled charger off and shut key off.
Next day went and got a new battery, when attempting to start, it turns over perfect but will not fire. I found that someone had jumped out a fuse with wire. So replaced with a fuse and tested all remaining fuses, all test good with the meter. But still will not run. Will fire if I squirt fuel in the intake. But when testing voltage on fuses not all have 12 volts on either side. All lights work fine. Just not sure about injection etc… any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance. Oh and now the temperature is in the 30’s so not frozen… thanks

Hi all, new to this site, but I am in need of a little assistance.
I have owned my 4210 since new and never really had an issue. The last snow storm we had (Pocono’s pa) I went out to start her up and the battery was dead, so got the charger connected but couldn’t get a charge, so switched over to power start, charger has 200 amp jump start, tractor fired up no problem. After shutting it off, I tried the same thing to take the second plow of the driveway. When I hit the key I got nothing so I moved to check my connections ( must have left the key in run) I turned around and seen a bit of smoke come out of fuse panel, immediately pulled charger off and shut key off.
Next day went and got a new battery, when attempting to start, it turns over perfect but will not fire. I found that someone had jumped out a fuse with wire. So replaced with a fuse and tested all remaining fuses, all test good with the meter. But still will not run. Will fire if I squirt fuel in the intake. But when testing voltage on fuses not all have 12 volts on either side. All lights work fine. Just not sure about injection etc… any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance. Oh and now the temperature is in the 30’s so not frozen… thanks
DEERE used a "thermistor" to provide voltage to the "pull-in" winding in the fuel solenoid when the key in initially switched ''ON".

They are known to fail and are located behind the fuse panel.

Overvoltage from the battery charger MAY have caused it to overheat, smoke, and fail.

Check out the link below, or "GOOGLE" Deere 4210 thermistor".

https://www.greentractortalk.com/threads/john-deere-4210-tractor-themistor-location.220937/

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back