44 A sediment bowl to carb fuel line

Tstoner

I recently ordered a fuel line for my 44 A. My tractor is an all fuel model. But the small gas tank is rusted away. So instead of buying a 3 way valve and another small tank I just decided to run a 90 degree elbow out of my sediment bowl and set it up as if it were a gasoline model. Problem is the fuel line won't line up to the carb correctly. There is only a small amount of room between the inlet on the carb and the gasoline manifold I put on. In order for this line to work it would need 2 90 degree elbows coming out of the carb to give me the height i need....I have seen People use rubber fuel line to do this but I like the look of being "FACTORY". I know this is the right fuel line according to my manual. Was wondering if anyone could share a picture of how their fuel line looks.

(quoted from post at 19:00:04 07/01/23) I'm sorry, but if you want it to look factory, buy the 3 way valve and small tank.
I meant factory as in a steel line rather than a rubber hose.. regardless it is the same line that goes from the 3 way to the carb. And it doesn't fit so just looking for some help

Get a piece of 5/16" steel brake line and a small tubing bender and make your own. This is one I did on my '42 A a few years back.

If I remember correctly, I think I just used compression fittings on it.

mvphoto107235.jpg

This post was edited by Rich'sToys on 07/02/2023 at 02:17 pm.

Take a piece of 5/16'' steel line and bend it in an easy loop to connect the tank and carb fittings, then silver solder a couple of readily-available ''glands'' to the line and it will look like it belongs there!

This post was edited by wore out on 07/02/2023 at 08:42 am.

(quoted from post at 21:48:03 07/01/23)
Take a piece of 5/15'' steel line and bend it in an easy loop to connect the tank and carb fittings, then silver solder a couple of readily-available ''glands'' to the line and it will look like it belongs there!
thanks for the help. Thr place I ordered from makes them and test fits them before shipping. Could it be because I put a gasoline manifold on my tractor?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back