4500 Loader Bucket Tilt Hydraulic Cylinder Seal Kit

GaryH530

New User
Greetings all,
Can anyone direct me to a vendor who would sell a Seal kit for a Loader Bucket Tilt Hydraulic Cylinder on my Ford Industrial 4500.
I believe is a 1967 model. The tractor is at my cabin which is about 200 miles away. And it will be a few weeks before I'll be heading back. I don't have the the rod diameter or the ID of the cylinder.

Is the any part numbers stamped on the cylinder itself that would help identify the seal kit that I need ?

Are the same Loader Bucket Tilt Hydraulic Cylinder used on another ford tractor model, that would be easier to identify a seal kit for ?

Thank-you for any help.

Have a good one.

The 4500 had a 740 series loader. Seal
kit for tilt according to CNH web site is
309959F. Search Ebay, Amazon, Web,
Messicks, and/or CNH for 740 loader seals
or 309959 or 309959F. Too bad you don't
have dimensions or old seals to double-
check before buying.

(quoted from post at 13:07:10 09/11/23) The 4500 had a 740 series loader. Seal
kit for tilt according to CNH web site is
309959F. Search Ebay, Amazon, Web,
Messicks, and/or CNH for 740 loader seals
or 309959 or 309959F. Too bad you don't
have dimensions or old seals to double-
check before buying.

Thank-you for the help. With the information, I can check the dimensions of the seals in the kits,[i:9746348df9] ( 740 loader seals 309959 or 309959F. )[/i:9746348df9] and check the next time that I'm at the tractor.

I was probably searching for the tractor, rather then the 740 loader. I appreciate the help.

You really ought to have the cylinders opened up before
you start ordering stuff. Someone may have had it apart
before you and changed something. The bucket cylinder
piston on the backhoe , when so equipped, have been
known occasionally to self destruct. Today they are
discontinued, hydraulic shops just made a slug with a
single groove for a common T seal or Teflon ring and
loader. If you have all your original pieces, so much the
better. When hunting kits they often call out rod and/or
bore diameters if the machine has a serial number break,
which you will already know if the cylinders are apart. It is
of course logical to have the parts on hand to minimize
down time, but there is a certain amount of risk going in
blind on something this old.

Thank-you for the advice, and your thoughts on the matter.
Because of the time & distance of where the tractor is. ( about 200 miles away ) I'll remove the Bucket Tilt Hydraulic Cylinder's and bring them back, and work on them.
As far as I can tell, they looked like they haven't been worked on before. But you're right, you never know, until they are opened up.

In this case , I'm not worried about the downtime. And I would rather get it right the first time. :)

Take care , and I appreciate the help.

(quoted from post at 17:22:49 09/14/23) Thank-you for the advice, and your thoughts on the matter.
Because of the time & distance of where the tractor is. ( about 200 miles away ) I'll remove the Bucket Tilt Hydraulic Cylinder's and bring them back, and work on them.
As far as I can tell, they looked like they haven't been worked on before. But you're right, you never know, until they are opened up.

In this case , I'm not worried about the downtime. And I would rather get it right the first time. :)

Take care , and I appreciate the help.

When you identify your loader, check out Hercules Bulldog. They sell seal kits for Fords.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back