Du All 250 front bucket cylinder seal kit

mailman1

New User
Does anyone know offhand where I might be able to get a seal kit for the front bucket cylinder on my DuAll 250 loader or where to look? Are there any part no's on the cylinder itself as to what number kit it might take? Or even what the part number might be if I have to replace the cylinder itself? Thanks

Does anyone know offhand where I might be able to get a seal kit for the front bucket cylinder on my DuAll 250 loader or where to look? Are there any part no's on the cylinder itself as to what number kit it might take? Or even what the part number might be if I have to replace the cylinder itself? Thanks
Check out the link below, scroll down almost half way to the DuAl section.

https://www.baumhydraulics.com/images/Catalog/seal-book1.pdf

First off if I'm not mistaken, Du-Al is currently owned by Woods, so a Woods dealer is your best bet for "factory" parts. I did a quick check on Messick's site though, and they don't list the 250 model. They list a 255 but it looks nothing like the 250.

Second, there's a company that sells "kits" for many, but not nearly all, loader cylinders. I think it might be Baum Hydraulics but if it isn't someone here will correct me I'm sure.

Loader cylinders as you can probably imagine, are not standardized. The best you're going to find is a cylinder fits multiple loaders from the same manufacturer. If a cylinder fits another brand/model of loader, it's a happy accident, for sure.

Finally, you can take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop. You can try to "gut" the cylinder, bring them the pile of mangled seales and o-rings, and have them match them up and make a kit for you, or you can bring them the cylinder and they will rebuild it for you. As long as the rod isn't too pitted or the cylinder tube too badly scored. Hopefully they provide an itemized invoice so you can post what parts were used here for future generations.

First off if I'm not mistaken, Du-Al is currently owned by Woods, so a Woods dealer is your best bet for "factory" parts. I did a quick check on Messick's site though, and they don't list the 250 model. They list a 255 but it looks nothing like the 250.

Second, there's a company that sells "kits" for many, but not nearly all, loader cylinders. I think it might be Baum Hydraulics but if it isn't someone here will correct me I'm sure.

Loader cylinders as you can probably imagine, are not standardized. The best you're going to find is a cylinder fits multiple loaders from the same manufacturer. If a cylinder fits another brand/model of loader, it's a happy accident, for sure.

Finally, you can take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop. You can try to "gut" the cylinder, bring them the pile of mangled seales and o-rings, and have them match them up and make a kit for you, or you can bring them the cylinder and they will rebuild it for you. As long as the rod isn't too pitted or the cylinder tube too badly scored. Hopefully they provide an itemized invoice so you can post what parts were used here for future generations.
It appears that Baum Hydraulics does sell a kit for the 250.

https://www.baumhydraulics.com/images/Catalog/seal-book1.pdf

When I talked to Baum Hydraulics they needed to know the year of mfg. so I looked this morning and found the serial no. which is C- 15511. Does anyone know where I might find out what the date of mfg. might be?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back