48 8N rear hubs/axle

I have an oil leak on the right side rear.

I have replaced the hub but the old one looked just fine. The seals look good except the one under the washer before the axle nut. When I compare the lenght of each axle protruding from the nut, they are not the same. The left side has 3/16 inch and the right has 3/8 inch. Is that normal? And no I have not got the oil to stop but wanted an expert's opinion before I really tear into it.

First thing I would check is the level of the hydraulic fluid. With the tractor parked on a level surface remove the lower bolt on the right side of the tractor and the fluid should just drip out. Sometimes the dip sticks get changed and this is a more accurate way to check the level.

the mor ethe axle protrudes from the hub, the more wear on the parts there is.

keep this in mind.. if the axle spline is proud of the hub.. you can't really torque the hub down tight as the nut will bottom on the axle.

soundguy

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back