560 fuel step?

Anybody put a fuel step(s) on their Farmall 560? I'm filling with 5 gallon cans, and bringing a half barrel out to the pasture to stand on is kinda ridiculous....

Why do that when a tank elevated to drain in or a pump are available at pretty reasonable prices. Old station pumps can be had for less than those fancy TSC pumps from Great Plains industries or Tuthill. I bought one a year ago for $40.00 Yup you have to connect them to the fuel line on the tank and have to hook up the wiring to run them. Still pretty reasonable though. Most places will deliver fuel out to the farm in 200 gallon lots. Diesel fuel will keep for more than a few years if need be and gas will stroe for a year as well. I have done both in the last 1-5 years now. With no problems. I also put a drain on the bottom of the tanks so any water accumulated can be drained out before it gets to the equipment. As for a step just bolt one on from a junkyard or make your own. Dad ran out this summer and I told him that the fuel is in the tank and it costs the same to run on the top half as the bottom half with less walking. He laughed.

We had 2 angle irons welded in 90 degrees that
bolted to the 2 holes on the right side of the
tranny. It had a 2X8 bolted across them.
Jim

(quoted from post at 04:33:15 11/07/23) Why do that when a tank elevated to drain in or a pump are available at pretty reasonable prices. Old station pumps can be had for less than those fancy TSC pumps from Great Plains industries or Tuthill. I bought one a year ago for $40.00 Yup you have to connect them to the fuel line on the tank and have to hook up the wiring to run them. Still pretty reasonable though. Most places will deliver fuel out to the farm in 200 gallon lots. Diesel fuel will keep for more than a few years if need be and gas will stroe for a year as well. I have done both in the last 1-5 years now. With no problems. I also put a drain on the bottom of the tanks so any water accumulated can be drained out before it gets to the equipment. As for a step just bolt one on from a junkyard or make your own. Dad ran out this summer and I told him that the fuel is in the tank and it costs the same to run on the top half as the bottom half with less walking. He laughed.

While I would love to have that, it would mean driving the tractor back to the barn area, which involves a risky blind road entrance. I use my lawn tractor as a "tender" and pull a small cart with my pasture seed and gas cans out to the pasture.

(quoted from post at 22:04:18 11/06/23) Back your pickup to it. Stand on the end gate.

Pastures too wet this time of year- right where I pull off the road into the pasture, I just have to roll straight through with the tractor, there were a couple mushy spots in various areas. The tractor can muscle through, my truck would have spun the tires and sunk.

Whatever plan you go with, make sure the step is far enough away from the tractor so there's room to turn. Had a friend put one on his 450 & it wasn't
out far enough. He was in a hurry once & smacked the can against the side of the tractor. That sent him to the ground & he landed hump-over-teakettle.
The next step he made was out an extra 6 & the step itself flipped up when not in use.

Mike

I made many for myself, i get the machine shop to bend some 3/16 flat and then use two pieces of Angle iron one comes down from the bell housing, and the the other comes down from the frame rails, and the necessary pieces around here and there for braceing, I prime and paint it, when done!! But its got to be welded on tractor when it's all in place,and level, make sure you disconect the alternator!!!!,You will be thankful you built it,and you can carry extra twine on it during baleing season!!I will send you a picture, if u want send me your phone number of your cell. 612 747 0455!

I have s fuel step on mine and also step to climb on from the front. I found them on ebay and they are for JD 50 or 60 I think. Basically heavy iron strap bent with step on them. they work good

Here's another idea to use instead of the step. I have not used it yet but I plan on buying one this spring so I don't have to stand up on the loader and lift the five gallon container like in the pictures to put gas in my 300. Getting too dangerous for me as I get older!!!

https://www.amazon.com/TERA-PUMP-TRFA01-XL-Including-Auto-Stop/dp/B07F3Z4VSK?th=1

mvphoto111660.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back