7140 tractor seat

Dutrup

New User
Hello, The air spring (bag) under the seat of my 1987 model CIH 7140 tractor needs replaced. Does anyone know the brand and model of this seat? I can find no decals on it. Secondly do you know an aftermarket source for the air spring. The CNH units seem really expensive. Thanks
cvphoto152170.jpg

There are aftermarket sources for the whole seat and suspension but the names of the companies escape my memory at the moment. The last one I had that all it needed was the air bag I ordered it through my CNH dealer. He was able to get it and the switch for another one. New aftermarket seats complete with suspension last I checked were in the $ 1500 neighborhood.

You sure? I replaced the air bag in my seat thinking it was the problem. It still didn't hold air overnight. Then it stopped working which I thought was the switch. Turned out to be the wire to the switch had broken off. Still didn't hold air.

Ripped it out and installed a mechanical suspension. Much happier.

The seats are "Grammer" if I am not mistaken. High-end. I think the CIH prices may be cheap compared to factory.

In the 1st link is the online parts catalog for your tractor. There are serial number breaks and seat styles that are different. Just as a guess I looked up the air spring in Chassis/Attachments the lower line the top is a dud. Then went to subsection 0-084. It shows the air spring as 67, which in PN 1981842C1 which updates to 197793A1. All these show prices of $170 - $190. There is a place in AZ showing one by using the updated number for $120, but that does not mean they will not charge you $80 shipping. Maybe you can find something in the 2nd link that will work, click on them to get dimensions. At least one other company came up when I searched ..universal seat air bags.. ha ha and the linked company just happens to use the name ..Universal..
CNHI 7140 online parts catalog

Another source

I added a check valve at the compressor and that slowed the leak dramatically. I just believe the air bag is old and porous. I see numerous bags online for about $60 but I cannot identify mine to take advantage of this. Thanks

There should be a number on the bag itself just use that or take the whole bag into a good truck parts house and they can match it up or find the number to match. The seats are a generic product air components are subject to the manufacturer of the bags. Use some soap and water mixed with a rag or swab ro find your leak it could be anything from the bag ro connections to a broken wire. If it has a leveling valve on the seat for the bag level it could also be that and I would suspect it first.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back