730 case yes or no.

GDJR

New User
Hello, I recently came across a 1967 730 case with DOM and COM. The owner said it is always ran fine but he couldn’t get it started this spring. Also, there is a split in the oil line going to the radiator For the COM . i’m not sure what these tractors are worth. He is asking $1300 and it would cost me 200 to get it hauled to my house. Is that a reasonable price? He claims the rear tires are only two years old. They do look good in the pictures. I left out the part where I have not seen it in person just pictures.

Hello, I recently came across a 1967 730 case with DOM and COM. The owner said it is always ran fine but he couldn’t get it started this spring. Also, there is a split in the oil line going to the radiator For the COM . i’m not sure what these tractors are worth. He is asking $1300 and it would cost me 200 to get it hauled to my house. Is that a reasonable price? He claims the rear tires are only two years old. They do look good in the pictures. I left out the part where I have not seen it in person just pictures.
$1,300 for a non-running Comfort-King 730 is probably a fair to high price, although a new pair of 15.5-38 will also cost about the same. Add between on one to five times that purchase price for parts and value of your labor to get the tractor in: running, field ready, parade ready or an expo quality restoration.

Only you can decide if this tractor meets your needs: are you looking for a project tractor to futz with fixing for a year or more, or do you need it field ready next week. Are you familiar with a Case-O-Matic transmission? Most people either absolutely love them or absolutely hate them.

I would have no problem putting with it for a year. I have tractors for doing the work I need to do. I just love the old cases and tinker with them as a hobby.

Here, that would be a steal with 2 yr old tires. Have someone press new ends on a new piece of hose instead of trying to source the stock ones. Take the old one with you when you have it made, to match the ends....James

That's an excellent price, especially with new tires. If it's a diesel and ran last year it likely just has air in the system or possibly the fuel rack is stuck, altho that's not common on those.

Question, if there’s trouble with the draft automatic, can it be bypassed or shut off to work like regular three-point?

Question, if there’s trouble with the draft automatic, can it be bypassed or shut off to work like regular three-point?
It is a regular 3pt. Draftomatic is just cases name for it. It works just like every other brand only better when used on a plow as the sensing is in the lift arms rather than in the third link like some brands. All brands will have a sensing adjustment somewhere just like case has and it will work the same, as long as it is a true 3pt and not something like the IH fast hitch. If you are using it on something like a mower or back blade just move the lever on the floor near the seat all the way to the right in the position setting. If you still have issues there is a mechanical issue and it will need repair and that is just like all other brands.

Sounds like a good deal to me. I have an 830 diesel com ck but would love to get my hands on a 730 also. If you like tinkering and restoring that would be a good one. Nick

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back